More mystery parcels..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
You just spoiled my New Year......

Just think of all the fun you'll have unwrapping these mystery presents John :)

Of course we're going to want pictures of you with them all as well as their contents
photo.gif

Jul 3, 2013
United Kingdom
If you don't know who they're from, don't open them in front of others is my advice. I once fell for that with what felt like (and turned out to be) a book of 'coffee table book' dimensions. It was the contents of the book that were a little... unusual. I won't elaborate as I'm sure some of you would prefer to retain what innocence you have left; suffice to say that I thought my mum was going to either swoon or spontaneously combust after saying, 'Ooh, that looks nice' and opening a page at random.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
And another annony mouse one ... that I had to pay the PO £1.09 to pick up from the depot as it had not got enough postage on it!
I wont be rescuing any more like that! (1st class does not cover it...)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
And another annony mouse one ... that I had to pay the PO £1.09 to pick up from the depot as it had not got enough postage on it!
I wont be rescuing any more like that! (1st class does not cover it...)

Ohhh... that's naughty. :(

It's one thing to send you these things but to make you pay is a bit off :nono:

How far are you from the depot?

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... I had to pay the PO £1.09 to pick up from the depot as it had not got enough postage on it!
>>> snipped<<< (1st class does not cover it...)

Ouch! :( Your typical envelope with a total thickness in excess of 5mm and / or >100g needs to go over the counter (iirc a 'large letter' is £0.69 for 2nd Class and £0.90 1st Class) at the PO. So it looks like someone's paid for a standard letter at first class and you've paid £0.09 for the postage (they tend to charge the difference based on the relevant 2nd Class stamp) plus £1.00 'admin charge' for the privilege of being told the fee wasn't enough :( .

Tell you what, I'll send you something nice to make up for it ;) :D .

(And it won't be a pink spork either! :rofl: )

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE