Military Mart. ...Be warned

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lincsredneck

Oct 14, 2012
lincolnshire
i too have had my share of dissapointments from these guys, first was a pair of meindl goretex boots, waited ages,got delivered to wrong address,then when finally got here they werent even a pair! difrent soles on each boot and one was split and cracked all over the toe! and to make it worse they sent me the wrong size!..after several emails i got a reply saying they only reply to emails on a tuesday and i had to send them back at my cost for a refund.
now, giving them the benefit of the doubt i ordered a berghaus cyclopse vulcan 2, this thing has multiple slashes in the top, both strap adjusters are missing and the straps just tied to the pack,and the internal frame is broken.im gutted as this cost £50 odd, and i now find myself waiting for an email reply again, i think after this i will be taking them off my favourites list.

knifefan

Nov 11, 2008
Lincolnshire
This company seems to be a bit of a "lucky dip" with mixed reviews!!! I bought one of their czech bedroll/sleeping bags recently and had no problems with the kit or dealing with this company :) (No affilliation etc etc.....) Just a satisfied customer!

ebt.

Nomad
Mar 20, 2012
Brighton, UK
i too have had my share of dissapointments from these guys, first was a pair of meindl goretex boots, waited ages,got delivered to wrong address,then when finally got here they werent even a pair! difrent soles on each boot and one was split and cracked all over the toe! and to make it worse they sent me the wrong size!..after several emails i got a reply saying they only reply to emails on a tuesday and i had to send them back at my cost for a refund.
now, giving them the benefit of the doubt i ordered a berghaus cyclopse vulcan 2, this thing has multiple slashes in the top, both strap adjusters are missing and the straps just tied to the pack,and the internal frame is broken.im gutted as this cost £50 odd, and i now find myself waiting for an email reply again, i think after this i will be taking them off my favourites list.

Sales of goods act requires items to be 'fit for purpose' and as described.
Distance selling regs require them to refund you postage costs if they are at fault.

Regardless of all that, any reasonable business would recognise that they've ballsed up and that you're a repeat customer and refund to retain you.

If they refuse to abide by those two, the small claims court is nice and easy.

Last edited:

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Just to say ive had tons of kit from MM. Have had the odd order delayed when one item was out of stock but a quick phone call to Sharon and she dispatched what was there and put the other item on back order but i was given the option of a refund. I also sold on my lowe alpine sting that i got from them. When Dave53 received the item he noticed one of the rocket pack yolks was missing. I phoned them up to ask how much a new strap would be and they sent it next day with no charge. Exemplary service in my book given 6 months had gone by since i ordered it.

no connection etc but a regular happy customer

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I ordered a Polish lavuu and 2 Osprey bottles from them. Took a week to arrive, which was a bit off but can't complain about the goods (I was warned the tent would be a bit small!)

Laurentius

Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I have only used them once I was not happy. It may not be military mart themselves but the couriers. They failed to deliver first time round without leaving a note. Then they delivered me something that I had not even ordered and was clearly addressed to someone else, namely an industrial can opener. The courier was in a hurry to go and so I just took it and only then realised it was not what I had ordered and had been waiting for.

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
It could be HDNL they use this "Local Delivery agent" they basicly they load up one big van and then drive it to a local person who says they can deliver X number a day, I have nothing but trouble with them my self as a delivery company they are next to useless seriously you drop a box at the top of my path marked fragile and say I am not allowed to check it before I sign for it, pull the other one it's got bells on it.

Last edited:

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
I've bought stuff from these guys. I had a Norwegian rucksack that came with damaged straps. I phoned them and spoke to a very nice lady who took my details. They paid for return postage and a new sack arrived a couple of days later. I shop there without concern now.

Z

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
Thankfully my experience was positive. Bought a used Berghaus Vulcan and he even threw in a free fire flint steel and upgraded me to priority delivery. The next day or so it arrived and after loading it with 30kg and going on a 5 miles walk upon returning I noticed the bottom of the sack had torn. The return was accepted and I was refunded pretty much the next day!

Top bloke.

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
Just wanted to add my thumbs up - ordered a Polish Lavvu on tuesday, arrived today in perfect condition. Delivery was first class; I was kept up to date via email and text as to the status of the order and even given a 1 hour time slot for delivery, which was met. Would buy from them again with no qualms.

stafass

Mar 20, 2012
Planet Earth
I bought 3 Czech army bedrolls. The first one was in really good condition, other two, i would say 3 points out of 10. Missing buttons and compressing straps, blanket stitches are broken and blanket itself is worn off badly. I tryed to post my review in military mart web, but they didn't pulish it. Negative experiance. First and the last time i was dealing with them.

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
Well i ordered a swedish army trangia stove from them today and paid over the odds £7.50 for express delivery.
Ordered at 15.30 and so far not been emailed with dispatch, hope they send it out tomorrow as i need it for friday.

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
This company seems to be a bit of a "lucky dip" with mixed reviews!!! I bought one of their czech bedroll/sleeping bags recently and had no problems with the kit or dealing with this company :) (No affilliation etc etc.....) Just a satisfied customer!
Ditto from me

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
Well my SAT turned up, Had an email from Military Mart saying it had been dispatched then got a txt yesterday from the courier and again this morning stating between 1133 and 1233,
it came at 1145
All ok for me.

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Well my SAT turned up, Had an email from Military Mart saying it had been dispatched then got a txt yesterday from the courier and again this morning stating between 1133 and 1233,
it came at 1145
All ok for me.

SAT is a top bit of kit mate. The pot is so versatile and the high sides are great for heating pouch meals. The Fry pan lid is less useful but i once spent a long afternoon frying a pack of 8 sausages in it two at a time :)

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
THe fry-pan lid can double as a cup(who needs a Crusader cup!) or use it to simmer some rice etc while heating water/stew etc in the main container below, shovel snow, and so on. Not brilliant as a frying pan though!

I agree that - in VFM terms - there's little that comes close to it. The set is just so versatile (can even use the windshield as a wood-burning stove)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE