Military Mart. ...Be warned

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Vulpes

Nomad
Nov 30, 2011
Cahulawassee River, Kent
Sooner or later they just seem to end up appearing out of nowhere like a bad smell when a complaint is made. I.e. Surplus & Adventure. I'd imagine it's good to be around here to attempt to repair their reputations, but I'd imagine also for marketing purposes - to see what people are on the lookout for, etc.

Respect to those who keep our blacklists updated with bad suppliers.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Sooner or later they just seem to end up appearing out of nowhere like a bad smell when a complaint is made. I.e. Surplus & Adventure. I'd imagine it's good to be around here to attempt to repair their reputations, but I'd imagine also for marketing purposes - to see what people are on the lookout for, etc.

Respect to those who keep our blacklists updated with bad suppliers.

Seems to me that most posts on here seem to think quite highly of Military Mart! Sure, any large supplier is bound to have the odd hiccup, and if you're that one in a thousand or so, it sucks. But I don't think the "bad supplier" tag is justified in this case.

(And no, no connection other than a satisfied customer with multiple orders over several years...)

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
"bad supplier " ...well, don't know really, i'd prefer to say a bit "slack", i'll give them the benefit of the doubt for the moment and call them in the morning, after all, order taken and paid for but no goods as of yet....a bit of feed back from them would be nice though. even if it's just to say order delayed or something.

Vulpes

Nomad
Nov 30, 2011
Cahulawassee River, Kent
"bad supplier " ...well, don't know really, i'd prefer to say a bit "slack", i'll give them the benefit of the doubt for the moment and call them in the morning, after all, order taken and paid for but no goods as of yet....a bit of feed back from them would be nice though. even if it's just to say order delayed or something.

We all make mistakes, it's true. It's a human factor in everything I suppose. No malice or comparison intended by the mention of S&A! lol Yeah, a lack of communication can be the worse thing. Amazon for example have messed some things up with my orders, but they've always come out on top because they've kept me well informed about everything.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Have you tried phoning? Number from their website: 01695 228323

managed to get in touch today after lots of trys, the kit i ordered is out of stock, "should" be with them on Friday, i "may" get it on Monday.

( this is despite showing on my account details as dispatched on the 17th....poor comms here i reckon. )

Let's see what turns up on Monday.

hiho

Native
Mar 15, 2007
South Yorkshire
managed to get in touch today after lots of trys, the kit i ordered is out of stock, "should" be with them on Friday, i "may" get it on Monday.

( this is despite showing on my account details as dispatched on the 17th....poor comms here i reckon. )

Let's see what turns up on Monday.

They've done that to me twice :mad: dispatched next/same day even though not in stock.

monkey spanner

Forager
Jul 4, 2010
kent
I hope they are ok.
I placed an order about a month ago, and waited....so I phoned them, & they said that there was a 21 day wait for the manufacture to deliver.
On day 32 I phoned again, they said that the order has gone out this morning.
Today I have an E-Mail that tells me that the order is on the way, with tracking No Etc.
It seem's to me , that if I didn't phone them, I'd still be waiting.
The package is meant to be here tomorrow (I hope).

norfolkjohn

Tenderfoot
Aug 21, 2010
norwich norfolk
I placed my order on a Tuesday afternoon with military mart by phone, they had all items in stock.
Received email weds pm giving scheduled delivery time by carrier,arrived Friday afternoon when stated.
Very pleased with the service i received as a first time customer.

Schindlery

Jul 24, 2011
Cheam, surrey
I've had bother too. I ordered amongst other things an "unissued" Norwegian battle sack, thermarest and Greek parka. The sack was used, thermarest inflated like a ballon at the valve and parka spattered in paint with a large hole and suspiciously short in the arm, miami vice short. Mistakes happen and they're not responsible for Greek army chic so I asked for them to be replaced. After a load of faffing and me sending photos for no reason, was told that sack could not be helped as is ex army. True but it's says unissued and the big one I bought was immaculate. They wanted me to return the stuff but I refused to pay postage so eventually told to bin the thermarest and send parka back pre paid when I received replacements.
anyway, I now have two broken thermarests and two short sleeved combat jackets and two unanswered emails asking what to do next. I'm just hoping it gets resolved soon as apart from being out of pocket I need the space....

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi dave53 here i ordered a army bedroll from them last friday it arrived tuesday it was exactly what it said on the tin i sent them an e,mail today thanking them
just something positive for a change :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE