Medical Emergency - Im Very Very Proud - Read On........

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

cbkernow

Forager
Jun 18, 2009
cornwall
Are the lads in Scouts? As a Scout leader I know there are Awards within Scouting that recognise such "achievements" .

I'm sure there are other means of recognition too, community based recognition etc.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Are the lads in Scouts? As a Scout leader I know there are Awards within Scouting that recognise such "achievements" .

I'm sure there are other means of recognition too, community based recognition etc.

nope not in the scouts, never shown any interest in them im afraid, speaking to them though the only recognition they seek is knowing they did the right thing and helped someone in need, very unassuming these boys you know

cbkernow

Forager
Jun 18, 2009
cornwall
nope not in the scouts, never shown any interest in them im afraid, speaking to them though the only recognition they seek is knowing they did the right thing and helped someone in need, very unassuming these boys you know

thats exactly the folk who deserve the recognition, those who don't seek it!

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Thanks chaps, i need them to provide me with some first aid now, got a nasty bleeding blister from too much hand drill practice today, still got a couple of embers so not all bad:rolleyes:

WoodMan

Forager
Jan 18, 2008
Norfolk
Outstanding. An important part of the story is that Kepis trusted the lads in the first place and chose not to go with them on the walk. I am a Coastguard (as well as my day job) and we frequently see situations develop, both good and bad, where small things or actions hugely influence the outcome of events. Animals are a classic case, a lost dog or horse on the marsh can turn a drama into a crisis. These lads did well. Glyn.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I just wanted to give a public acknowledgement to a member here, who after reading about the boys exploits , decided they needed to be rewarded in some form or another for their selfless actions, today their "reward" arrived in the post, in the form of a WH Smith voucher for each of the boys.

Stand up and take the applause Tengu, you deserve it.

The boys and indeed I, really appreciate your generosity.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE