Martindale machete supplier..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I had my hands on a Martindale earlier on, they come as part of the vehicle tool kit for a Combat Engineer Tractor! It is about the same size as my Collins Legitimus, but slightly thinner and I reckon would be easier to wield. It has two strips of leather rivetted to either side of the tang as a handle. Should I consider swapping the machetes?

buckley

Nomad
Nov 8, 2006
United Kingdom
If a group buy crops up in time, I am in!

:offtopic:
Just want some personal opinions, is the magickelly hammock bettter than the DD hammock, an if so why??

Cheers guys

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Please don't hijack this thread :rolleyes:
It would be of more use to everyone if you start a new thread asking the hammock question. More people will see it, it can be found later by people searching for similar info and so on.

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
spamel said:
I had my hands on a Martindale earlier on, they come as part of the vehicle tool kit for a Combat Engineer Tractor! It is about the same size as my Collins Legitimus, but slightly thinner and I reckon would be easier to wield. It has two strips of leather rivetted to either side of the tang as a handle. Should I consider swapping the machetes?

Hello Spamel,

I've never heard of a Martindale with a leather handle before (But then I'm no expert).

I think you definatley need to 'acquire' one of those, Spamel. Definately a collectors item of the future :)

Best regards,
Paul.

mojofilter

Nomad
Mar 14, 2004
bonnie scotland
Im not overly fond of the golock, but I love the look of the Jungle Knife.

4.gif

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
mojofilter said:
Im not overly fond of the golock, but I love the look of the Jungle Knife.

4.gif

Hello mojo,

Do you think the bolo at the tip would make it tiring during prolonged use? I must say the handle looks comfy.

Best regards,
Paul.

AndyP

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 30, 2005
Staffs
Ok..

I have spoken to the 2 suppliers that Paul gave me personally today..

I wont mention who said what but..

The first guy I spoke to said 'yes' we have them in.. They are £6.40 each and £2.25 for the sheaths.. I asked if they had the necessary markings on them (ie the martindale name and model number) he said no.. In my opinion, based on the price and the fact they hadnt the correct markings, these were not the gen product.. So I left it..

The 2nd guy I spoke to described the Golok2 as per the pictures ive seen of the of a gen one.. He even mentioned they come with a file and usually the Martindale sticker plastered in grease.. He mentioned there were a lot of copies around in stores, made in the Far East and Africa.. These, he said, were made from inferior materials compared to the gen Martindale products.. The price was also mentioned and although he couldnt give me an exact price he assured me they were quite a bit more than £6.40.. He has however none in stock... He could order some, but they could take up to 20 weeks to arrive (based on previous dealings with Martindale).. He would also like a deposite for a group buy order.. So I think this is a no go with this supplier also..

So.. I dont mind trying some more sources if I can get some names...

At least todays adventure has given us some idea about whats out there and the fact there are a lot of copies knocking about..

Lets not give up though..

Again give me some more suppliers to try and i'll do my best...

Andy..

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
Andy,

I've emailed Martindale with a request for the contact details of more UK distributors, or to supply the new production No2 Goloks for the group buy themselves.

I'll post back when I get a reply, and pass on the specific details to you by PM. If Martindale will supply direct, I'll hook you up with the contact at Martindale to effect the Group Buy.

Best regards,
Paul.

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
.Dai. said:
Spotted a likely looking candidate in a link posted over on BB HERE. Might be worth an email/call.

Regards,

Dai

Hello Dai,

Thanks for the URL. The machete illustrated, is a PLCE (Personal Load Carrying Equipment) version of the Golok and is intended to be attached to British Army webbing as part of their PLCE system. It's a good bit smaller than the No2 that most of us are after.

Thanks again for the interest.

Best regards,
Paul.

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
.Dai. said:
Ah, sorry didn't realise...

No problem, Dai.

.Dai. said:
I'd be up for a couple if the genuine article can be sourced...

Wouldn't we all! :D

I'm pretty sure that the Golok offered at the SASS URL posted by C_Claycomb is genuine, and I'm hopeful that the one I have on order from another online retailer is going to be genuine, having had their reassurance that it will be, but the problem that I've encountered on all occasions is that the retailer never has one in stock, and there is either a considerable waiting period before they can supply, or it turns out that they can't get one at all, despite the item being displayed on their Web site.

If you can see the Martindale crocodile stamped on the blade, then you can be fairly sure that it is a Martindale. The only other matter to be resolved is which model of the Golok No2 it is, the GLK2-01 or the GLK2-02. And the only way to establish which model it is, is to be able to see both sides of the blade.

I've been reluctant to post to the forum what it is that is on the other side of the blade that conclusively identifies it as genuine, because this would be valuable information to any one who would like to set up a counterfeit production. I'm not saying that a counterfeiter wouldn't already know what it is, but why make it easy for a counterfeiter who may be 'lurking' the forums?

Best regards,
Paul.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE