Lincolnshire meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scally

C.E.S.L Notts explorers
Oct 10, 2004
uk but want to emigrate to NZ
kata and pignut if your based up in sunny scunny then do you 2 brothers carl and neil whithead both scout based from that neck of the woods, neil is bushcraft based if so and im just over the border north notts near the trent can i come 2.

Trevody

May 30, 2005
North Lincolnshire
I’ve not been much of a regular visitor here (been very busy with work since last September) and feel a bit cheeky for asking :eek: , but I would be very interested in meeting up with a few of you at primrose warren, it’s a cracking little area.
I’m Ex forces with a little survival knowledge, I also know primrose warren very well, cycle past every day on the way to work and can possible lay my hands on some detailed orienteering maps of the place :cool: , used it a few times with the TA.
Would be happy to turn up early and help set things up. :)

Trev

cubankopite

Jul 30, 2005
lINCOLNSHIRE
i live in Grimsby (yes i know it is grim in Grimsby) if the invite for a meet is open to anyone.
i havn't been to any meets yet and provided it dosn't clash with work or the wife it would be good to meet up with like minded people

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Yes mate open to all!

:D :D :rolleyes: even if you are from Grimsby :lmao: :yelrotflm

Never been to a meet either so I am probably the wrong person to be planning this!

as it seems we have a few interested now I will look at dates and get something booked! (I takle it you are all happy to pay the pound a night)

Will post a date Soon!

H

halo

hia pignut could you pencil me in provisionally as the dates might clash with the north meet i'm in notts so not too far away,by the sound of it the woods you're describing are the ones at the top of the a15 is that right if so is there plenty of places to pitch a tarp and hamock?

halo

cubankopite

Jul 30, 2005
lINCOLNSHIRE
yeh i know i'm technically a cod head cos i live in gy, but i was brought up in a little village well outside fishy town so that makes me a carrot cruncher......honest

in reply to stew i live near the market hotel area if that means anything to you

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
I know where abouts you are mate. Do you ever get in Bradley Wood? I used to go there when I was visiting SWMBO before she moved in with me. She lived in Waltham. What village did you come from?

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
halo said:
hia pignut could you pencil me in provisionally as the dates might clash with the north meet i'm in notts so not too far away,by the sound of it the woods you're describing are the ones at the top of the a15 is that right if so is there plenty of places to pitch a tarp and hamock?

halo

Done!

It is the wood at the top of the A15

Yes there is tones of room for tarps and hamoks, Tents, Tipi, whatever you like

If you detail the date of the north meet I will ensure it does not clash

H

halo

hia pignut,just checked back through this thread and the dates wont clash as the north meet's at the end of april so thats probably a defo for me,cheers mate

halo :)

cubankopite

Jul 30, 2005
lINCOLNSHIRE
yeh martin i do get out to bradley woods now and then but its a bit too popular for me i prefer woods with less people or burnt out cars in
my folks live out at a little village called East Halton if that means anything to you i enjoy the woods out there
i know waltham quite well my sister in law's family live opposite the windmill it's a nice village

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
Yeah I know East Halton, it's a good spot for Codling fishing. I know what you mean about Bradley Woods, it's a damn shame because it's a lovely wood. There's some excellent Hazel in there and a really good show of Wood anemone in the spring.

Woods Wanderer

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 26, 2006
lincolnshire
hi im new here but i live near lincoln itself does anyone else? so far i know the meet is at primrose hill scunthorp near may/june ish but i dont have a clue how to get there since the meet sis just of the junction 4 , m180 is there an entrance t the wood and are there any villages ner by or bus stops. Has anyone ever stayed in the old wood near scellingthorpe its public land so i think its legal is a lovly wood and i resently found deer beds and traks near my shelter i also got stalked by a curios fox near there which was amazing and i doubt it will ever happen again it was a vey red colour for the and i hope i can contribute more than i can take from this forum

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
All

The date for this meet has been provisionally booked!

Friday June 16th to Sunday June 18th

Arriving 6pm or later on the Friday, leaving at or befor 12:00 noon on the Sunday. or you can turn up on the Sat if this suits better!

I would like all attending to be 18 year of age or over unless accompanied by an adult (Who is legally responsible)

All who attend do so at there own risk!

The rules of the camp site are that all fires should be on alters or fireplaces (Provided)

No trees can be cut down (Living or dead) there is tonnes of windfall at the camp!

There is running drinking water on site but no shower facilities

Chemical toilets will be provided and should be used! (No acting like a bear!)

Other info:

You will suply all of your food and drink (Bar water) for the weekend!

Your own tentage sleeping facilitys and anything else you require for the weekend

Other campers may be on site and should be treated with respect at all times

There is a cost to the camp of £2 per head per night and a nominal fee for day visitors, this is non profit and goes directly to the campsite for maintainance and running costs

There is a morrisons supermarket aprox 2 miles away and the town of Broughton is apox 2 miles from the gate for any supplies you require

Any questions please pm me

Trevody

May 30, 2005
North Lincolnshire
Count me in for that weekend and as I live with in spitting distance, if you need a hand setting anything up just give me a shout as I would love to help out anywhere I can

Trev :D

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
I'll be there Saturday morning to Sunday morning. I'd be there on the Friday but I'll be at work until 10pm ( unless I can wangle the day off ). If you need any help with anything Pignut let me know. If any fire wood is needed I can fill my Landy with birch logs and take them over sometime before hand.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE