Legal issues uk

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
According to my Doctor girlfriend, there is a exemption in the law for life saving effort.

She gave me the example of - you have a car crash ambulance arives and your OK but the medical gets wounded, your allowed to administer a drug if it has a legal backing. Very lose terms but from the sound of it, if some one needs assistance and the medical equipment or drug is available you are allowed to administer it in exception but only to assist, if you excess the max dose its another matter, and the experience of administration is supposed to be taken into account, the law is vague on the meaning though.

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
No on the first 2 points.

1.Do NOT raise the limb; it should be kept lower than the organs to slow or prevent venom reaching said organs. Raising the limb is to control bleeding and has nothing to do with snakebites.
2. A compression strap (between the bite and the organs) yes but not a compression bandage on the bite per se.
3. Evac ASAP, yes
4. Cleanse the bite with soapy water.

* Not neccessarily in the order given.

Not dissimilar to the training I was given as a schoolchild in Australia.

1) keep patient calm
2) do NOT wash off or suck out venom (there are different venoms and the hospital can identify the venom if some left on wound).
3) Apply compression bandage above and below wound to limit circulation. Every 10 min or so, loosen bandage then re-tighten.
4) If possible, get patient to lie down and stay immobile while help is fetched. Otherwise stretcher them out or walk calmly and slowly. Slowing distribution of venom by slowing circulation is key to survival.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Not dissimilar to the training I was given as a schoolchild in Australia.

1) keep patient calm
2) do NOT wash off or suck out venom (there are different venoms and the hospital can identify the venom if some left on wound).
3) Apply compression bandage above and below wound to limit circulation. Every 10 min or so, loosen bandage then re-tighten.
4) If possible, get patient to lie down and stay immobile while help is fetched. Otherwise stretcher them out or walk calmly and slowly. Slowing distribution of venom by slowing circulation is key to survival.

Yeah #2 is supposed to be one of the few differences between protocol in Australia vs the US.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE