landy tipping

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
who has tipped a landy? what were you doing at the time?

this was 13weeks after we got it
car3.jpg

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
oooooh me me me :shock:

was young and very silly at the time:lol:

skidded off onto the verge while taking a 90 degree corner at speed

resulting over correction put me into the other verge and back again

by this time the landy was going prety much sideways and tripped over a low drystane dyke which just toppled the thing

there was me , landy on its roof in the middle of the drive and my parents were out for dinner

no way i wanted them to come back and see this one :-?

too heavy to tip back on my own so i called my mates in the pub

lol about 30 of em came out just to gloat , much to my embarassment:oops:

tipped back easy enough and was driveable back up the hill and get hidden in a barn

broken side window and severly crumpled wing , i was lucky it had slowed down a lot

told my dad i had pranged it and left it at that :0:

next day he asked me if i had rolled it which i admitted after a little humming and hawing

me the plonker hadnt thought to get the mud and grass off the roof :z:

silly thing was, if it had been in 4 wd it prolly would have not happened

ahhhhh 20/20 hindsight again :banghead:

Tant

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
who has tipped a landy
Yes I have unfortunately. My beloved Landy got tipped by another car down a embankment on the M6 at the weekend. :cry:

But the old girl saved my life so I can't complain. :super:

Tell me are Landy's prone to tipping? Or is it just that there are more people around to tell the tale afterwards than with other vehicles???

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
land rovers and other high up cars are about 3 to 5 times more likely to roll on the road then a "normal car". In a landy though prvoiding you are strapped in you should walk out of it. The one I was in did it at 70mph

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
My dad felt the same about ours. My mum never liked it though. The only thing that went on our was the shell and windows (the wheel was also damaged from rolling along with no tyre) a few months later we got a phone call from a farmer that had bought it and put a new shell on it, he wanted the code for the radio. How do they put these things togeather?

Aug 4, 2005
Sunny South Wales.
One of the lads in work managed to park our Hiab truck on its side while standing alongside it using the crane to move cars around the yard :eek: The truck landed on the driver's side and sat ticking over while the lads went to fetch the fork trucks and recovery lorry to put the Hiab truck back on its wheels. The passenger door was locked and the keys were in the ignition so they couldn't get inside to stop the engine. Amazingly, the truck suffered a cracked plastic mudguard where the side marker light got pushed against it, and that's all. Even the mirror glass survived. The fact that the engine survived five minutes of ticking over at ninety degrees to the horizontal is even more impressive.

I've never rolled my own Landy. Cowardice and common sense keep all four wheels firmly on the floor. Hope that's not tempting fate.....

Aug 4, 2005
Sunny South Wales.
Lurch said:
Very poorly usually :naughty:
I recently changed my Defender 90's roof. Six M8 bolts, ten M6 bolts and a bead of adhesive are all that hold the hardtop on. The aluminium top was flexing all over the place when we lifted it off. I wouldn't fancy toppling a Landy without a roll cage. Or at least a decent personal injury policy ;) .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE