knives what are your favourite ones?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
IMG_0364.JPG
I've a drawer full of knives but I think I go back to these most often. Have left the monsters and military blades behind in my youth (still love my billhook though). Opinels are a No.6 carbon and a No.8 1992 limited Edition Winter Olympics steel knife. Sheath knives are a Damascus "woodie" type and a Karesuando Boar.

IMG_0340.JPG
All tucked up in their little leather beds, I prefer simple sheathes, the Damascus at the bottom no longer has the leather lace at the bottom. Fire steel has it's own dangler sheath.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Like the spark stick dangler there goat boy

Hi Man of Tanith,

I bought the dangler from Spaniel Man in May 2009, and must say that everyone who's seen it likes it a lot. Yet not really seen anyone else with one. I kept the striker as I have a pathological hatred of folks using knives to strike a steel. The leather lace and button knot was me playing around, it works though and keeps the rod in place. At was needing a wee polish in the pics.

Cheers, GB.

IMG_0355.JPG
IMG_0356.JPG
IMG_0357.JPG

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Nice knives Goatboy, but I fail to see the damascus in your woodie mate. Is it the picture or is it covered in patina?

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Nice knives Goatboy, but I fail to see the damascus in your woodie mate. Is it the picture or is it covered in patina?

Bad picture Niels, here you go.
IMG_0379.JPG
I'm in the process of narrowing the cutting edge a little at he moment. Was reading through the posts again, nice pair you've put up, have a soft spot for the folder, it just screams memories when you're older. TTFN Colin.

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
please tell us more

whats the blae lenght and steel?

Blade is like 3 inches. Not a clue as to the steel, it is a carbon steel though, and it keeps a good edge. Did a wee thread on it here remember:)
My grand dad used to sell these in his bycicle repair business.

Goatboy that woodie is a beauty! How do you keep the damascus pattern on the edge? Is it microbeveled or do you polish it up every time?

Hi Man of Tanith,

I bought the dangler from Spaniel Man in May 2009, and must say that everyone who's seen it likes it a lot. Yet not really seen anyone else with one. I kept the striker as I have a pathological hatred of folks using knives to strike a steel. The leather lace and button knot was me playing around, it works though and keeps the rod in place. At was needing a wee polish in the pics.

Cheers, GB.

IMG_0355.JPG
IMG_0356.JPG
IMG_0357.JPG
Thanks for that
I may have t mimic it

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi Niels, the pic was pre-sharpen (I'd just bought it). Haven't decided on whether to re-polish and treat the edge, I did buy it as a user having had the odd drawer queen in the past. Will see once the re-profile is done. Comfy weight and balance though. Had the sheath made for it as it came with a nasty cheap black leather job.

IMG_0349.JPG
IMG_0354.JPG

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Blade is like 3 inches. Not a clue as to the steel, it is a carbon steel though, and it keeps a good edge. Did a wee thread on it here remember:)
My grand dad used to sell these in his bycicle repair business.

Goatboy that woodie is a beauty! How do you keep the damascus pattern on the edge? Is it microbeveled or do you polish it up every time?

my my what a poor memory LOL

must try and get my hands on one

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Was just checking Niels, thought the fixed blade you posted was the knife you finished earlier this month, but the blade is longer and it has more bands, just checked the post & I forgot you showed them side by side Doh! Nice set you have there my friend.

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Was just checking Niels, thought the fixed blade you posted was the knife you finished earlier this month, but the blade is longer and it has more bands, just checked the post & I forgot you showed them side by side Doh! Nice set you have there my friend.

Thanks Colin:)

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
dont have many knives (I like my axes :-D) however my main abuser is my coldsteel bushman bowie and i have a mora clipper i was given on a course (doesnt get much outings now though) i use pocket knives more as i always carry it and its my SAK Ranger. Recently i have acquired a Svord peasant mini which i hope to make my EDC but at the moment i still enjoying its newness.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE