Is that full tang Mora available yet ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I've been searching for it.

Decided whatever the cost was I was going to get one... big switch in what I thought when it first came out... but I reckon it should be a good knife and excuse the pun, but a good companion to my Mora Companion.

Plus, selfishly, I've made a couple of sheaths for the companion, so the full tang would be fun to play with.

knifeman

Forager
May 27, 2015
england
I don't want to pay that much for a Mora.

Yeah, in with you. The great thing about Moras is that they're cheap! So if I was going to pay that money for what is essentially a plastic handled knife I would get a F1 or the like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Mora knives are generally very strong anyway. Designed for cold use, the tang is securely bedded in a very comfortable handle to prevent the cold. I'm not understanding the full tang knife at all.

Will it be stronger, better balanced. If so, for what exactly? The best handle on any knife ever is the Mora Bushcraft. I don't like the placcy ones, but the rubbery ones work so well. Sorry, just don't get it.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Mr Nice65 is right.
Full tang knives are good if you plan to destroy the knife by hammering it into wood by banging on the exposed tang.
Moras are strong as they are. They have had this design for over a century.

trade axe

Tenderfoot
Dec 16, 2013
Western Canada
Yeah, in with you. The great thing about Moras is that they're cheap! So if I was going to pay that money for what is essentially a plastic handled knife I would get a F1 or the like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spot on buddy. I likely have 30-40 knives left, some machetes and 7-10 axes/hatchets. I have gone through the prestige stage, the hunt for great steel stage, the Swedish axe stage, ESEE, Spyderco etc. These days I am more interested in functionality and my version of aesthetics. If my use/interest parameters are found in a lower priced cutting tool, all the better. I tend to have a lot of Cold Steel cutting tools. I also have many Mora variations including the new Pro Line, and I consider these tools to be quite delightful in use.

Last edited:

Wiseman

Tenderfoot
Apr 25, 2014
Leeds
I'd never heard of the Mora full tang until I got an e-mail from Springfields this morning. Thought it sounded intriguing (no price on e-mail) so clicked through...

£109.75?

Er, think I'll stick with my £15.99 job thanks.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Seems they want much more money, for not much more knife..

Disappointing really.

£110 will almost get you a handmade one.

Idleknight

Forager
Aug 14, 2013
United Kingdom, Near Hinckley
its interesting, have entered a compo for one, but think I would much rather spend a little bit more and get a different knife.
Looking at prices the TBS wolverine is only a fiver more. Which is also a solid stainless knife.

If there is demand, I am sure with enough production Mora can push the prices down in a year or two.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE