Is that full tang Mora available yet ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
I'm used to spending a lot on knives, sorry if my views don't fit with yours.

I have absolutely nothing against spending a lot on knives (which of I'm guilty myself), nor have any desire to count somebody elses money.
I'm simply finding hard to swallow if someone is asking silly money for a really simple product. Especially brand like Mora that have been on the market for years and have a reputation to preserve.
I only have a "problem" with your estimate not the views, just think this knife is worth £20-£30 max.

It's like HiGear suddenly asking £100 for a fleece cause now it have longer sleeves like we asked...

Last edited:

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
It's difficult to judge these things as we all have different ideas. I have a bushcraft black which I believe is worth the price tag but the survival model with a ferrorod and crap sharpener isn't, I have handled the Garberg and I stick to my original thought that it's a £50 knife (Max £70 with the leather sheath) as you do get more knife for the money than the Black.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Looks good, narrower blade, less belly than the Garberg.

Not sure about the measurement scale. Cant really hurt it though i guess.

In a way, i can see why Mora want to price it as they have.... the Fallkniven F1 is literally a stainless blade, with a moulded handle and generally plastic sheath, so is the Garberg
.. I'd rather have the 14c28n of the Garberg than the VG10 of the F1... its tougher and holds an edge at least as well.

Only problem they have is all the knives they made before.

Really, the question should be... Should the F1 cost that much, if the Garberg is being criticised for price. As i doubt there will be too much difference in production costs.

Last edited:

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
We went up the woods this evening and Scott (aforementioned mate, Welshwoodsman on the forums) took the Garberg out to put it through its paces.
It performs very well and I must say I like it, just don't like the price! I would definitely choose it before an F1.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Just pushed the "yes please" button on one of these with the multi carry sheath, really looking forward to trying this out, i reckon it will be spot on in a coastal environment.

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
OK, so after seeing and handling the new Garberg I have to admit it feels solid and actually is a decent knifeStill simple (especially the plastic handle) but very substantial. Compared to what's available on the market I would place it in the £60 range so in my opinion it's still overpriced, but at least you are getting really decent tool.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
OK, so after seeing and handling the new Garberg I have to admit it feels solid and actually is a decent knifeStill simple (especially the plastic handle) but very substantial. Compared to what's available on the market I would place it in the £60 range so in my opinion it's still overpriced, but at least you are getting really decent tool.

+ 1 to this, spot on.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
There are so many other tools in this price range that not only have better fit n finish, better materials and potential better performance that there really isn't any reason to buy this over the others.. It's not like an extra 2inches of unusable tang and a fancy plastic is worth £90 more than their standard line.

This is atleast the case for people like me, pissimistic tight wads. ;)

I also have a strong feeling this is aimed at the yanks.. which is unusual as it'll cost the same to get other high quality EU made tools. Strange decision Mora.. very strange.

Hopefully those of you who buy one will like it though, just a shame it isn't £50 or so, like it should be!

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest

Oh - I like that! Quite tempting. My cheapo (sub £5) bright orange handled hultafors has performed stunningly for years - performing rough jobs and getting abused in ways i wouldn't use my more expensive knives. A perverse part of me wants to reward the brand for all that service by investing £17 in this new model....

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
I have one of those with stag scales, it's quite a nice little legal friction folder but the shapes of the blades isn't really sheeple friendly.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Made in China. Hint: "Japanese style".

Yeah good spot.....bit like chocolate "flavour" coating on raisins lol

Artschool, ons's a mora. T'other's a falky :D
My f1 served me well but it was never a brilliant knife imo. Far too much belly and too thin a handle. The gerberg is a better design in my eyes, not ideal but better than an f1

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
could someone explain to me the difference between the new mora and the falkniven f1?

both metal both plastic handle?

Different Steel,Grind, sheath,blade shape, handle material, Blade lengh, sheath, and weight

other than that they are pretty similar....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE