Indonesia - what to get!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
I'll be working in Indonesia for 3 weeks - leaving tomorrow. Any suggestions on some good/interesting bushcrafting kit I could pick up whilst there? My list so far includes

1. Parang (or whatever it's called there)
2. ??

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Wait till you see some of the carved wooden items! I Stayed in bali for a few weeks when i was traveling out that way and their workmanship is just stunning, makes you wish you had a ship container to send stuff home.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Tended to fill my suitcases with the standard tourist stuff in previous visits to africa and Asia (although still have a soft-spot for the wooden frogs that croak when you stroke their back with a stick!). But - other than some "interesting" cheapo knives and swords collected for my kids & their martial arts - haven't really looked for bushcrafty stuff. As I'll be going outside the main tourist areas, thought I'd see if I could get some of the stuff they actually use on a day-to-day basis.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE