I unpacked my EDC backpack : Am I carrying too much?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Steffen

Forager
Jun 13, 2010
Norway
you should add some canned food, and maybe a spork if you're sophisticated.
i used to have stuff in my edc pack, but i didn't like to be separated from them during work etc.
so now i only carry what i can keep on my body at all times.

*Dusty*

Tenderfoot
Oct 21, 2011
N Ireland
No gaffa or cable-ties? However will you cope when something breaks? Half my world is patched up with gaffa and/or cableties :-D

I use quite a few cable ties in work, on another forum someone basically said I carried what amounted to a "rape kit" in the eyes of PC Plod :rolleyes:

The forum owner made a fair point though.

Someone chooses to carry cable ties and you see a rape kit? Who's the weirdo?

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Trojan , do you seriously carry food and water at all times?
Didn't think so.
If I'm going out for the day I'll provision accordingly but most of the time I would have an opportunity
to sort those things out from tap and fridge.
:togo:,
Simon

Gasparo

Tenderfoot
Jan 13, 2013
Cardiff
A few too many compasses I feel - and no hat, gloves, scarf, warm jacket, flask, brewkit, sitmat or map!

+1 on that
and too many blades, don't think I saw any water purification either.. : | not so much as a Web-Tex straw (apologies if I'm wrong and I missed it) so yeah my answer to your original question would be YES maybe not 'too much' but it definitely needs looking at.
I'm new here and only on 30 or so posts however so probably listen to somebody else! *

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
What would your revised EDC (if you do feel you want to reduce it) look like?
It's a work in progress at the moment.
Can't see it getting a whole lot lighter though as I keep thinking of things that I should add really.
I think it is going to end up as a modular system with a core edc to which I can add extras as I see fit depending on where I'm going.
The core will likely be 12 blades and about 3 compasses! :lmao:
Cheers , Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE