How long have you been on the list.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

smokyjoe

Tenderfoot
Jun 16, 2012
london
I have noticed that they are no longer taking names for the Alan wood woodlore knife. Is anyone on the list and how long have you been on there, also does that mean the people on the list will defo get a knife?

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
I was on the list for about 4 years when I received an email from the RM shop, that said I could pay and receive my knife.. So the list does work, the last I heard that by about 2010 the list was about 7 years long.

I ended up declining my chance to get the Woodlore, it was just too much money to me. They were 170 Pounds when I signed up and over 400 when my chance came up. I passed it to the next person on the list. I'd love to own one but there are limits to my budget.

I do believe that if your name is on the list you will be offered a knife, you can then either pay or decline, which takes you off the list.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I was on the list for about 4 years when I received an email from the RM shop, that said I could pay and receive my knife.. So the list does work, the last I heard that by about 2010 the list was about 7 years long.

I ended up declining my chance to get the Woodlore, it was just too much money to me. They were 170 Pounds when I signed up and over 400 when my chance came up. I passed it to the next person on the list. I'd love to own one but there are limits to my budget.

I do believe that if your name is on the list you will be offered a knife, you can then either pay or decline, which takes you off the list.

£400 direct? Wow, didn't know that!

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
I went on the list in 2002 and recived it in 2003 and I paid £200 ish for it, I sold it a year later and made £50 on it, a year after that I bought one off a dealer for £385, 2 years ago I got my original woodlore back at the same price I sold it ( sold it to a good mate), now I have two but I would like an anniversary woodlore aswel but they just aint worth the money!

Wow, how times have changed, I remember phoning up Woodlore and speaking to Rays first Wife Ruth, I ordered one over the phone from her and it arrived on the Monday after the weekend..I ordered it the Friday before. Cost less than a hundred quid !!
Goes to show the demand I guess.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Why are people willing to wait 7 years for something that they will not use, they are not any better than one for 1/3rd of the price

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Wow, how times have changed, I remember phoning up Woodlore and speaking to Rays first Wife Ruth, I ordered one over the phone from her and it arrived on the Monday after the weekend..I ordered it the Friday before. Cost less than a hundred quid !!
Goes to show the demand I guess.

+1 to that although I can't remember who it was I spoke too but the rest same as above.

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
It's what they want. I've been on Randalls list for 6 months. Only 4 and a half years left. Oh yes mine will be getting used.
Why are people willing to wait 7 years for something that they will not use, they are not any better than one for 1/3rd of the price

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk
Well if they won't pay for their own stamp they can shove it.
th

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE