how long for scottish meet-up ????

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

how long for scottish meet-up

• just a day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • a night

• longer

• Total voters

mmcniven

Forager
Nov 1, 2003
Paisley
Would like to make it longer but commitments at christmas means i can probably only make it for the day.
I would however like to make it a regular thing, it would be great if we could organise a regular meet up at different locations around Scotland, say one every month or two.

Michael

ronsos

Forager
Dec 10, 2004
due to crimbo commitments ,i cant make it .would be interested in other meet ups.i poled for 1 day meet up but cant we be flexible about this?

ronsos

Forager
Dec 10, 2004
ronso said:
due to crimbo commitments ,i cant make it .would be interested in other meet ups.i poled for 1 day meet up but cant we be flexible about this?
its not how old you are,but how you are old-brian blessed

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
Scotland is a great place to practice bushcraft there are so many beautiful places to visit.

I would be up for a few overnighters throughout the year and a regular monthly meetup for a day to learn new skills from each other.

Cheers

JFW

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
Some times finding a suitable location that you have permission to camp on, light fires and collect wood from can be difficult though, so it might be an idea that we each find a location and get consent from the landowner to practice our activities in advance and just notify them of the date that we would be using the site.

Cheers

JFW

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
JFW said:
Some times finding a suitable location that you have permission to camp on, light fires and collect wood from can be difficult though, so it might be an idea that we each find a location and get consent from the landowner to practice our activities in advance and just notify them of the date that we would be using the site.

Cheers

JFW
JFW

It is not really the problem you think it may be. Due to Scotland's new land access rules you can carry out Bushcraft activities pretty much anywhere even without the landowners permission. I would never advise such a thing but it does mean that areas such as Loch lomond can be used without any problem. And it should be noted that the rights confered under the new rules includes lighting fires. It even allows for commercial ventures as long as it is carrying out something that people would do themselves non commercially, such as photography, hill walking instruction etc.

mmcniven

Forager
Nov 1, 2003
Paisley
Due to Scotland's new land access rules you can carry out Bushcraft activities pretty much anywhere even without the landowners permission.

Oh i didnt realise that.

Right we need to get this sorted. What about meeting on the 3rd of january as it seems everyone is free that day ....hope i havent missed anyone out.......

Location - what about Tarbet at the junction with the old loch lomond road and the arrochar road there is that place where the petrol station used to be, from there we can make a choice of where to go.

Time - what about 9am.

Hope i am not being too forward in organising all this but i think it would be great to all get together and once we have this first one on the go it should be alot easier to get something happening every month.

Hope this is good for most

Michael

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
mmcniven said:
Oh i didnt realise that.

Right we need to get this sorted. What about meeting on the 3rd of january as it seems everyone is free that day ....hope i havent missed anyone out.......

Location - what about Tarbet at the junction with the old loch lomond road and the arrochar road there is that place where the petrol station used to be, from there we can make a choice of where to go.

Time - what about 9am.

Hope i am not being too forward in organising all this but i think it would be great to all get together and once we have this first one on the go it should be alot easier to get something happening every month.

Hope this is good for most

Michael
For easy of reference can we keep all replies about the actual meeting planned for the holiday period on the Scottish Meeting thread. That way it will not get too confusing.

mmcniven

Forager
Nov 1, 2003
Paisley
For easy of reference can we keep all replies about the actual meeting planned for the holiday period on the Scottish Meeting thread. That way it will not get too confusing.

Good point......

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE