Honey on Tour (Could become pic Heavy...)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Podcast Bob

Alpha Centaur definitely has the best outdoor image of the Honey Stove in use this month, for no other reason than I love the view. (Although Decorum's pic on the green rock comes a very close second)

So if you will PM me with your address I'll pop a leather bushcraft bag in the post to you by way of thanks for posting it here and letting me use them.

Keep 'em coming folks ...

Cheers

Bob

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Just got back from 3 days at a remote beach camp trip took the honey to give it a whirl,
placed it on a rock and used pebbles as a wind break, used with a 14cm zebra,boiling MOD rations.

beachcampmatt077.jpg

harryhaller

Settler
Dec 3, 2008
Bruxelles, Belgium
Mine arrived today and I can see it is good - I've already paid my "tuition fees" with other stoves.

Very good service - they promise next day delivery in the UK, I'm in Belgium and got it the day after. Even enclosed a bag of skittles - was that to make me home sick?

Anyway, I can hear the teddy bears calling me to picnic and I will return with some photos:)

TJRoots

Nomad
Jul 16, 2009
East sussex
mine had a bag of skittles aswell, not sure what theyre all about but it was a nice gesture,

anyway here's a couple of pics of mine when i was out in abbots woods with peter t.

cooking sausages straight on the grill plate,
DSC00131.jpg

cooking bacon in a frying pan,
DSC00132.jpg

me and peter ate very well that day :D

TJ

gsfgaz

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
i just love that stove, cant wait ti get one .. i think everybody on this forum has got one appart from wee me, aweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Bumpy

Forager
Apr 18, 2008
West Yorkshire
honeynewborough.jpg

Was going to take a pic of my Honey Stove at the top of Snowdon, but was worried that it'd get trampled on by all the train passengers at the Summit :aargh4:

So instead a more peaceful shot from Newborough Beach in Anglesey, overlooking the mountains, burning driftwood!

lamper

Jun 4, 2009
Brighton UK
www.peligra.com
I went camping at the weekend to my local forest with my mate who had his DSLR on him.

Anyway.... The lucky git managed to snap this of my honey stove. Not really a tour shot (more to follow)

Sort of looks like a seahorse?

seahorse-honey.jpg

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
How does this stove compare with others as far as a fire inside is concerned. Do you need to use a blow pipe regularly or does it self sustain a little better?

Ive a few hobo/wood burning stoves and a click stand, so if this does the job of most of them but combined and a little better, then i'll be after one for sure.

Cheers.

javi

Forager
Nov 4, 2008
Hampton
I've never had to use a blow pipe with mine Addo - just keeping an eye on the fuel level and gradually adding it in seems to work fine.

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
me and tjroots have found the best way is to light a realy hot fire then put on bigish chunks of oak or hornbeem. this lasts for a long time and is perfect for cooking on.

pete

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
When where you there, i was there last thurs fri,yep its a great spot,
ps, if you read the post i just put up about it dont think im getting at anyone or accusing anyone, its nothing major im just trying to high light the point for anyone reading not all being members etc!

pps ive been up and down that slope 10 times in the last 6 weeks think id know that beach anywhere, im guessing by the top pic youve been sometime this weekend?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE