Hey Noodle Lover

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
One for those out there who can't say no to a bowl of noodles.
Saw these in Poundstretcher and got to try one today:

52309244472_313497f8d2.jpg

They have a nice strong mushroom flavour. Doubtless packed full of salt, MSG, and lovely umami flavours. But still, can't be fundamentalist about these things, eh?
Can't remember how much they were, but they came from Poundstretcher so can't have been much.
They also have a chicken flavour and a beef one. I just got the mushroom one because I love mushrooms and I've never seen mushroom instant noodles before. But be careful - the beef and mushroom ones are the same colour and look identical. So make sure you check!
I'll have to get some more next time I'm that way.

Sebc

Oct 31, 2021
Yorkshire
I'm glad I'm not the only person who likes noodles in the woods. They are great for putting foraged greens in as well. I'll try this brand if I see them.

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
The Reeva noodles seem to form part of my staple diet, one of the few meals that does not stretch my culinary abilities to breaking point. I buy Reeva and a similar make from B&M and I think both types come from Ukraine or close by.
Instead of plain hot water I hit the Chicken Noodle type with a Chicken Cuppa Soup and end up with a kind of wishy washy Chicken Noodle stew (ish) very filling.
(A) I think I'm helping the war effort and (B) I have exhausted my imagination as far as fancy food prep goes...:roflmao:

Aug 25, 2022
England
@Wander I had some them took me time to find how much water and how long to leave for. Very small print.

Poundland do two packs of noodles for .........

Reeva are 70p
Poundstretcher also do Curry, Chill in a can one or other with a packet of Rice cheap meal in the woods.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I'm quite fond of Ichiban Chicken noodle soup. Cooked i 3 minutes. Nothing left over. Badly in need of more broth additive and lots of fine dice green onion. Any of these "add boiling water" foods and I'm always thinking of the fuel cost if no campfire is allowed.

I like to make my own egg noodle pasta. 8 minutes and we eat.
The advantage is that I can roll my choice of herbs and spices into the dough sheets then cut linguini. Sweet cinnamon & brown sugar pasta?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE