heads up bedroll for £10

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

thephilbert

Apr 20, 2012
Scotland
well having read this thread twice now i have decided to take the plunge.
just checking their site i see they now do a swag bag combo witha very comfy polish mat.
is it worth buying with the mat? the blanket set is back down to £10 and would be ideal to throw in my hammock.

decisions decisions!

Feb 4, 2012
Nr St Ives, Cornwall
well having read this thread twice now i have decided to take the plunge.
just checking their site i see they now do a swag bag combo witha very comfy polish mat.
is it worth buying with the mat? the blanket set is back down to £10 and would be ideal to throw in my hammock.

decisions decisions!

For hammocking I don't know, but for ground dwelling (where the dwelling does not involve much carrying to and from as this mat is awkward and heavy) then this combo is a winner :)

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
Well ive resisted temptation since this thread started but damn it im week so ordered it along with a norwegian canvas backpack.it arrived today in new condition no marks or missing buttons :D just tried it in the living room and the dog loves it lol its not so much heavy but it is big. as for the rucksack got the supergrade one its great condition apart from 1 leather strip that the hood strap goes through was snapped not a real problem as i had leather thread and neadle so repaired it myself also it doesnt look 60l but swallows gear heres a pic of them together
5c28bdc6-f8cc-29e7.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Just met the folks at Military mart as they have a stall opposite where Im working at the Bushcraft Show.
A bed roll had to be bought now didn't it and I'll be trying it out Sunday night.
They have some great kit on display and happy to chat about it too.

thephilbert

Apr 20, 2012
Scotland
well now ive tried the bed roll i can say it is very comfy complete with the polish mat.
it is however too heavy for anything other than car camping. i have a self inflating that will fit inside the bed roll that will reduce the weight and pack size i will try that and report back.
however i must report it is not that warm in the bed roll when one is kipping in ones skivvies.
i think i will buy another blanket and stitch them together to increase the warmth.

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
mine arrived on thursday (got the swag set up) had to wait a while until the 200 resupply was delivered. I love the bedroll especially the way it buttons together my home made jobby gets a little messed up think cotton sock inside wool sock inside belgian bivvy bag. The polish mat is a monster very comfy but a hell of a size defo just a drop out of the car boot job its bigger than my tent when rolled up

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
Mine just arrived, not bad condition, well the middle strap is missing, so not in the unused condition as stated, not to worry as I'm going to use with the polish sleep mat so it would not role up into the pillow section anyway. No buttons missing so that was good. The blanket and hygiene sheet look like used items in very good condition. Polish sleep mat was advertised as used, and it looks very used, missing all of the cords to tie it up and a few of the mattress buttons are missing. Very pleased though, will let you know if it works ok

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
Well, thought I would test the thing out last night and just rolled out the bed roll with mattress in the back garden under a NATO poncho. Temperature did not dip much bow 8 c so it was not the coldest of nights, but I just had a T-shirt and norgy top on to keep my sheets warm a d a very comfortable night it was to. Plenty of room to turn over in etc, no drafts. All in all I'm very pleased. It's a bit bulky but the mattress is very good with no chill felt through from the ground. In cold weather I would perhaps say I would also use a light weight sleeping bag to, just so I had something strapped up around my shoulders and head. For the money it's a top buy IMO

Cheers

Rick

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
Hi Man of Tanith

The Polish Mat is well worth the money, it does however make the SWAG roll/bedroll setup very bulky and not very transportable on top of a rucksack, its more chuck in the boot of your car setup. The weight of it with Polish mat is about 9Kg. The Mat does come with a uPVC bottom so no chase of dew, rain etc coming up through. I like the set up even though its not as compact as the NATO bivvi bag, 3/4 thermarest with snugpak sleeping bag setup. If your driving to a Meet or whatever Bushcraft camping thing your going to by car then a bulky polish mat is not a problem. It's one of the best night sleeps I've had outside excluding when I'm using my DD Hammock.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Not seen this thread in a while, took mine out for a spin in December, got a sleeping bag, fleece liner, a thermarest trail lite and a closed cell in there. Oh and a pillow for that decadent touch. Great bit of kit!

Sorry for terrible phone pic though!
DSC_0681.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE