has any body had tick bites this late in the year?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
The ferrets escaped last christmas. They were both home by tea time, but must of stuffed their noses down every hedghog and rat run in the nieghbourhood. They had quite a few really tiny ticks, we had let them run about inside the house. We had to borax the whole house!!! For animals that dont go very far, the ferrets are really good at finding ticks in the garden. I generally use my own product [see signature] on myself and dont get any. I dont use it on the ferrets as they get upset if they smell funny. Nymph ticks are tiny and easy to miss. They can still carry lymes. Ticks absolutly make my skin crawl, hidious things.

Last edited:

Kong

Forager
Aug 2, 2013
Somerset
I think that is about 6 I have had now this year all of the bites have cleared up now and I am still alive lol cheers

Bartooon

Nomad
Aug 1, 2007
New Forest
Just to cheer you up there is a story in this week's local paper with the headline "Warning over tick bite danger after Lyme disease suicides".

It goes on to say (I'll précis a bit);-
New Forest District Council has warned about the dangers of tick bites following a double suicide linked to Lyme disease. Former editor Lisa Hole (44) was bitten by a tick whilst walking in the New Forest in 1997. She contracted Lyme disease and was left wheelchair bound after her health deteriorated.
Miss Hole took an overdose of animal tranquillisers. An inquest heard that she wanted to die due to her poor quality of life. Her husband ended his own life the same way after feeling that he could not cope with the loss".

Like I said before, I hate ticks!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE