Gransfors brucks Splitting Axe...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
If you read the post above Martyn (note that it is not edited), you will see I stated that I HAD (past tense) one. It was a good axe. It did not however justify its place, for me so I sold it. Not because it was a bad axe, but it did not fulfill a need for me.

If I'm out bushcrafting, I rarely find the need of an axe that is equal to the tasks required by sectioning wood with a chainsaw. When I do section wood with a chainsaw, it is generally larger than 8-10" rounds. My Husqy is an 18" 350. When I use that, I use a maul (cheapy plastic handle, shown in my post of three years plus ago), a Scandinavian to limb and a double bit working to sub split the large lumps processed by the maul (I find the 3 lb head easier for lighter splitting than a heavy maul).

Out bushcrafting, I rarely find the need for something larger than my Cegga (only just above 1lb). It will split smaller wood that I can saw up with my Silky pocket boy which is as large as I am likely to encounter.

If you really want to see my axes, leaned up against my stove, which is currently burning quarter sections of 2' wide logs, I'll do you a picture right now. There is a flintlock and percussion lock hanging over the top if that will satisfy your authenticity rules?

Red

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
He's never used an argument? Of course he has! ;)

The point is Lurch, Red and I are actually saying the same things, if you read the posts, we dont actually disagree on anything (regarding the axe anyway), it's just that for some reason, his ego chimed in and presented an opinion as if it were contrary to mine. It's not a big problem, it's just an irritating thread derailment in the interests of puffing up his status as the BcUK axe diva.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
If you read the post above Martyn (note that it is not edited), you will see I stated that I HAD (past tense) one. It was a good axe. It did not however justify its place, for me so I sold it. Not because it was a bad axe, but it did not fulfill a need for me.

Well in that case Red, congratulations. Thanks for you opinion on the axe.

Now moving on....

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
When ya all learn the meaning of civil discourse and get control of your emotions, I'll unlock this thread. This turned into something I'd expect from pre-teens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE