Goretex by the yard

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
...I'm looking for exactly that. Goretex fabric. I can't find any anywhere... is it not available or am I looking in all the wrong places? If anyone knows anywhere I can buy it I'd love to hear from you :)

Simca

Nov 6, 2004
Hungary
www.survival.hu
I heard somewhere that you can't buy it by the yard, because the W.L Gore Inc want to inspect the manufacturing process of the garmets and boots, so they can "guarantee to keep you dry".

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I can give you a Glasgow supplier, 60" wide, under £5 a metre in good olive green, bright red, and last I looked a sort of petrol blue. It's triple layer stuff, came from factory over runs and you will need to tape the seams. The only folk I know who supply the tape are Point North and it's nearly £1 a metre :eek:
heaven knows what postage will cost? Maybe we could manage the pass it down the chain of meet ups?
I'll phone the shop tomorrow and check it's still available before I post the phone number and address.
Cheers,
Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
arctic hobo said:
Toddy that would be brilliant, thanks. One question on the tape... is this special tape for Goretex or is it just normal waterproof tape?

It's specialized stuff for two or three layer goretex. You have to know which you have, and buy the tape that suits. The fabric I've been talking about is three layer.
I'll post as soon as I get through on the phone.
Cheers,
Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Discount Fabrics,
52, Moncur Street, Glasgow, G40 2SL
Phone/fax 0141 552 1777

The triple layer forest green goretex is about £5 a metre, 60" wide. Postage will depend on the quantity purchased.
I checked, there's still a bolt and a bit left :)

Cheers,
Toddy

Reactions: arctic hobo
W

WERDNA

i have some fabric that is very simillar to gortex its very strong breathable and very water proof in fact i have several hundred meters in navy only, also 600 meters of mod dpm polly cotton, send us a pm if you want some swatches, or prices, i can get most materials, gortex are very specific who they sell there cloth to.....thanks andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE