Going commando....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
Many thanks for all the recommendations. There's nothing worse than taking your socks off at the end of the day and finding most of the sock fibres stuck around your toes. My mate calls it 'toe fudge', something I never get with HJ's.

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
Looked at Aldi today but they only had fishing socks. Lidl didn't have any trangia rip offs either. Dissappointing tour of the quality shops of Morecambe!

Russell96

Forager
Jul 19, 2005
Surrey
I am lucky...I love the issue sock. I think they're brilliant and work better in a hot environment than the issue hot weather sock. I have spent a bit of money on socks over the years but always returned to the issue one.
Russ

Beardy

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 28, 2010
UK
I must be a bit of an odd one, the issue ribbed socks never seem to work that well for me. I find they are either too hot and sweaty in summer, or just not warm enough for winter use. Plus the artificial fibres seemed to rub the heel raw when combined with the heel counter of issue boots - not a problem anymore though.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Many thanks for putting me on to these. I ordered a couple of pairs and have worn them extensively ever since. They are superbly comfortable and will now move up to the No.1 slot in the preferred sock chart. Brilliant.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE