GGTBod's 2016 Adirondack adventure

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Just added another little video, I get asked a lot about what i eat when i am doing my trips and my answer is always rehydrated one pot meals all made from dried foods, this little video is showing my method for a hearty beef stew or broth, be warned some of this is shot using a head mounted camera so it is in fact a highly sophisticated (possibly dangerous in the wrong hands) beard simulator and must be approached with caution by anyone unaccustomed to beardlife, you have been warned please use with caution and moderation and definitely not whilst under the influence of anything without a sober sitter and a safeword

[video=youtube;odaR6q2HBNk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odaR6q2HBNk[/video]

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Well i was in the middle of processing raw video last night and found something weird when i rendered the time lapse video i shot through the night looking at the night sky

I'll link it here but you will probably need it full screen to see it so you might need to click on the little Youtube icon bottom right of the video and view it on Youtube

[video=youtube;1-ychqLU4Ro]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-ychqLU4Ro[/video]

When you rewatch the video to see the bright object pay close attention to the shapes in silhouette around the same area the object was in just after it is gone

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Wow! Seriously, that doesn't look like an insect to me... But what do I know. 😮
So if the video is time lapse, and it takes less than a second for it to appear and disappear, what does that equate to in real time?
That should give you and indication as to what it could be. And additionally do you have the means to play the time lapse slower so you can accurately tell if it just appeared or if it "flies" into frame from any direction?
Interesting find!

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
my camera was set to take 5 pictures per second and then i animated those images at 24fps, the object appeared in a single frame only so it was in and out of shot within 1/5th of a second, it is the humanoid sihouettes in the same area just after it that keep me rewatching, here is the picture blown up

enlarged still.jpg

Currently uploading the next video in the series, should be viewable sometime this afternoon

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Just finished uploading my latest video

Part 2 covering days 3, 4 and 5

[video=youtube;oTxQCCsAhUo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTxQCCsAhUo[/video]

more to come soon

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
If anybody out there tried to watch my videos and was struggling with my unusual accent, dialect and colloquialisms the answer is here :rolleyes: i know i know your whole life has been on hold waiting for the promised plain English subtitles, well fret no longer good people ;) all of my videos (from all adventures both old and new uploaded so far in which where i speak) now have an optional subtitles track, i have translated my Geordie slang (the name for the accent and dialect if you come from where i am from) into the type of English you'd hear in a BBC documentary (usually)

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Lovely videos... I have a friend in Syracuse and I can't wait to visit the areas you are. Very jealous I am!

Especially watching you relaxing under the tarp in the rain.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Cheers Squidders, i thought that was just my weirdness, i love being effectively protected from brutal weather by the most basic of shelters, I had always figured it came from when i was a kid we used to have a tiny porch to our front door and when the weather was brutal i used to sit on the front step watching the world race by trying to keep dry and warm

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Nice one Bopdude, i'm slowly working on the next video in the series, feeling a little overwhelmed by the work load so i am just taking it bit by bit and when it arrives it does

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Nice one Bopdude, i'm slowly working on the next video in the series, feeling a little overwhelmed by the work load so i am just taking it bit by bit and when it arrives it does

Great viewing as usual, absolutely fabulous part of the world, as for workload ............ as and when mate, something to look forward to :)

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
That is where i am now mentally, last week everytime i turned on the computer i felt i had to get stuck in, processing this raw footage is gonna get me through some winter blues over the next month or so, lots of sunny days caught on film

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Cheers Squidders, i thought that was just my weirdness, i love being effectively protected from brutal weather by the most basic of shelters, I had always figured it came from when i was a kid we used to have a tiny porch to our front door and when the weather was brutal i used to sit on the front step watching the world race by trying to keep dry and warm

You're not alone... I used to do the same thing in our little front porch... I still love sitting under a tarp or in a tent in a storm, the sound of the rain and wind are therapeutic. Even if I'm not out, I love to sit by the window and just watch crummy weather.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
@Squidders i always loved watching for that line where the weather got so bad people throw all care of what they look like or to obeying their fashion style right out the window and go from caring how they are perceived to bolting down the street with a black bin liner on their heads trying to protect what's left of their hair style.

@johnnythefox cheers Johnny let me know how it goes, it really was a great trip, crushing to go from that to being in my city center flat in Newcastle with the sun going down at 4pm and not coming up again until 8am, i'm already seriously in need of some outdoor time

mousey

Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
It's been too long since I had an extended jolly. Last time it took me a couple of days to get adjusted to having walls and a roof, I had a very unsettled feeling which I finally pined down to not feeling any wind on my face and hands. I always remember looking at myself in reflected surfaces when coming into a town and being surprised at the scruffy Herbert staring back at me - I didn't care how I looked as long as I was warm and dry :)

I do like seeing [or rather hearing] other folks trips and write ups etc, I tend to put utube on in the background and listen while working.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
It's amazing how quick our priorities shift once we are out in nature and staying there for a little bit.

I was going to start a new thread and thought it seemed wasteful, I just finished the latest video from my 2016 Adirondack canoeing adventure in USA

Tour Of Little Forked Lake, AKA day 6

[video=youtube;IqEnuH_94ik]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqEnuH_94ik[/video]

as the pro Youtubers all say Don't forget to like, subscribe and share ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE