Get your beards out for the girls

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonE

Forager
Apr 11, 2014
Oxfordshire
I trim a tiny bit around the sides of my neck to stop it growing round the back. Apart from that it's untrimmed for me, the sides of mine are about 6 months shorter than the front as I started off with just a goatee.

azy3agug.jpg

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
That kinda exagerated shaping is interesting, I guess you work with your natural growth to develop a unique and personal style :) I thought it might be a comfort thing where eg a collar rubs. I saw the art of manliness link from rev that the best way to start is commit to leaving all cutting for 6 weeks... I don't know how I'm going to hide Boss Hubs razor that long :D

Haggis

Nomad
My bearded face hasn't been touched by a razor in 40 years, but every couple of years I do get tired of the beard getting in the way of things and chop the whiskers back to a fighting cut with a pair of shears. Herself and the bairns cry holy terror when I do, but it's not often, and I leave plenty enough. Can't abide stubble myself,,,

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I can relate to that Haggis, i was in PTS for 3 days after my last trim getting out of hand, every time i passed a mirror i had flashbacks like Rambo in First Blood when they try to shave him in the cell just before he kicks off, it is just starting to get back some character

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
That's nothing Mr Bod, when I took mine off last and happened to be wearing my winter Tilley hat at a rakish angle one former friend cruelly said I looked like Quentin Crisp! Still it's taught me not to shave off the beard. Why adjust perfection after all.

Great pic of Brian Blessed, he's a true ambassador for beard wearers and is such a lovely bloke; though mad as a box of frogs.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I am googling Quentin Crisp, haven't had a tv for over a decade so i am bit out of touch on famous folk, the name definitely rings a bell but i can't visualise

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Suit you sir,:lmao:quality stuff for some reason i had in my head the presenter of the channel 5 top gear show and was thinking hey it could be worse

Photograph_of_Quentin_Willson.jpg

and it was

article-1126738-03261D50000005DC-286_468x641.jpg
MarjoryDressler1.jpg

comically way off the mark i was

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Yes the other Quentin wouldn't have been so bad as he just looks like a cad. Though on looking at the photo I see what my mate meant. Needless to say it's not a look that will be repeated.
140403-111021.jpg

This is a better look with a hat
140621-153829.jpg

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
The resemblance is slight but enough, definitely pic number 2, did you burn the hat or just ban rakish angles of mounting it?

Haggis

Nomad
I've a son-in-law who weighs in at nearly 400 pounds, shaves his head, and has a beard to shame even Rubeus Hagrid. Some years ago he thought he would join the local fire department. The fire department demanded he shave his face; so his smoke mask could seal properly. There was an immediate demand from everyone that he instantly, and for the love of God and relevant Saints, regrow his beard. Even the fire department insisted that he forego all future use of a razor. There are some faces that are best kept covered.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
The resemblance is slight but enough, definitely pic number 2, did you burn the hat or just ban rakish angles of mounting it?

Have you seen the price of a winter Tilley? No it's a combination of no more rakish angles and a beard must be worn at all times.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
That was my thoughts against the burning but knee jerk reactions occasionally happen

Coldfeet

Life Member
Mar 20, 2013
Yorkshire
I've a son-in-law who weighs in at nearly 400 pounds, shaves his head, and has a beard to shame even Rubeus Hagrid. Some years ago he thought he would join the local fire department. The fire department demanded he shave his face; so his smoke mask could seal properly. There was an immediate demand from everyone that he instantly, and for the love of God and relevant Saints, regrow his beard. Even the fire department insisted that he forego all future use of a razor. There are some faces that are best kept covered.

That made me laugh.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
That was very entertaining and clearly based on absolute proven facts

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Wow, no.2 all the wayyyy! Were you a lot younger then, beloved nephew? Reason I ask is my bestie shaved his off because he reckoned it made him look older. I absolutely think they make a mature man look younger. Ahhh it was sooooo beautiful too, I mourn its passing :) Especially as it passed before I got chance of a prolonged exploration in person, its a damnedable tease to show a gal pictures and not let her have the full, loving stroking session too!

Haggis, you do make us giggle. I think you are the godfather of the beard on here :) Your poor son in law must have been mortified to cut it off then have to regrow.... or possibly he was just deeply relieved?!

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Humm OK this is me back in the end of last november, good news is since this was taken I lost my beard (currently regrowing, it's a sorta long story why I lost it, intresting but long) and since then I lost the weight that 2 years of nights and 5 years of a bad diet gave me I have about 2 more stone to go before I look "normal" but when your 6ft 6in normal kinda becomes relative.

DSC_0148.jpg

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
You can't leave us hanging like that we want the story, very cool on the weight loss, do you feel better for it?

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Yuppp, ASM, theres a few bods one here shared success stories of fighting back against karmas worst! I didn't realise beards would be as badly affected but its a no-brainer really.... so easy for us lasses to not consider the trials of wholesome bearyness :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE