Fur on deer hide tanning (PICTRE HEAVY)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Good work Sally, shame I cant see the pictures either.

Makes my squirrel furs I've been working on sound a bit pitiless! I had real trouble getting the membrane off when still wet. I was convinced there wasn't one it was so difficult so went on and egged, stretched and dried one of them (as the others hair slipped after just a few hours in the egg, which has happened to me before.) Then the elusive membrane just peeled away easy as pie this morning.
Going to give him a good smoke tomorrow, then try getting some bunnies to make some warm mitts.

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I have absolutely no idea why or where the pics have gone... bet its hosting on that dratted BaseFook, it's happened to a couple of my meet picture threads too. I'm afraid I had to throw the last 2 skins- they were shedding and it caused some domestic contention, it isn't only you lads that suffer with that occasionally ;)

Mods, rather than have a thread without pics taking up your valuable bandwidth, would you pull the thread?

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Ahh, i've only just caught this thread, is there any way of getting the pics back, it would be a great blog post etc. If need be we can host the pics for it, if you can get them...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE