Forgive me Bushcrafters, for I have sinned

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Hang on just let me get my head around this..."Tony in a caravan....Tony in a caravan...Tony in a caravan..." Nope!...sorry - it just doesn't compute.

Tony, if I could offer some advice...Joining a discussion where the group is confessing to - say - a little adolescent shoplifting, is no time to be confessing to murder!

LOL!!!! :lmao:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I will not admit to ...caravans or motor homes... (staggers off to wash out mouth with lye and bearfat soap) but the back of every van I have ever owned has been tricked out so that I can live in it while on a rare visit to civilisation... but the sleeping arangements get took out again when I get back to rural peace and tranquility - so the van is just a van - honest!

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Tony was my hero, but now... :sulkoff::sadwavey::sulkoff::evilangel::nono:

:p

Felt the same way about John Fenna too.... not any more after the confesion above. Sad day.

I just took my Gimli poster down off the wall, can't look at it anymore without feeling that bitter let down tastes in my mouth. The foundations of my world are crumbling as I type.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Felt the same way about John Fenna too.... not any more after the confesion above. Sad day.

I just took my Gimli poster down off the wall, can't look at it anymore without feeling that bitter let down tastes in my mouth. The foundations of my world are crumbling as I type.

The van is lined with DPM fabric...... and permanently carries knives and an axe...

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Nope, still not feeling any better knowing you're sleeping sometimes in a minicamper van. Next you're going to tell me you hardly put the satellite TV on in there or use the microwave oven to cook on.

No microwave - Swedish Army Trangia!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Think about it and its no worse than camping 50 metres from your car and pretending your in the 'bush'. Nothing wrong with a camp site, some great ones about.

Holme

Mar 10, 2010
Sweden
I need to confess. I've done a terrible thing, which will probably haunt me for the rest of my life, and taint my reputation as a bushcrafter. It is this:

On a recent walking trip, last week, I, well... I... I camped at a Camping and Caravanning Club site.

(Oh, the shame!)

My justification was that the view was superb from the site, and I needed to be able to leave my kit for a day, but all the same, it was wrong, and I'm really sorry to have let you all down like this.

I'm not going to hide. I'll take my punishment like a man. Get Biker to send Bushcraft Betty round to me and tell her I've been a very bad boy...

You are forgiven.

Go ahead but sin no more!

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE