Flies.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Your post triggered a memory for me - doesn't food for free mention Tansy as being a Fly deterrent?

The following are identified as insect repellents and some specifically fly repellents in my database:

Bog myrtle (the basis of many herbal midge repellents)
Common Fleabane
Elder
Feverfew
Herb Robert
Mugwort
Penny Royal
Purple Loosestrife
Small Fleabane
Tansy
Woodruff

Reactions: TeeDee

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
I have one of the electric tennis racquet ones and it’s ok, the last one I had gave a much more violent crack though.

I did once try to clear a stuck fly and made contact with the mesh, the shock locked up my arm like a taser!

My folks had one of those, my Dad convinced my cousin (hes like a son/brother) to touch it (Dad was brilliant at things like that) what followed was a spark, a roar and a load of expletives:lmao:

Reactions: Wildgoose

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
The newer one I have doesn’t seem to have the same kick as my previous one. The previous one had a vicious “energised” hum as well.

Ystranc

Nomad
May 24, 2019
Powys, Wales
We use these, we hang one in between the chicken run and the bins. It wipes them out by the thousands. (They stink)
We also remove anything that they can feed on, lay eggs on or get moisture from. Interesting fact, they tend to enter through an open door but leave through an open window.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE