first aid kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kai055

Forager
Dec 29, 2006
Hornchurch
when i went hiking with the explorer scout group i was with, we always had 1 first aid kit between 2, now that i am goin to start hiking with a couple more people (so about 4) , should i still stick to 1 kit between 2 or have i each :nutkick:

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
kai055 said:
when i went hiking with the explorer scout group i was with, we always had 1 first aid kit between 2, now that i am goin to start hiking with a couple more people (so about 4) , should i still stick to 1 kit between 2 or have i each :nutkick:
I would say it depends what you want to do. If you are to stick together that one is probably enough. However, I tend to carry my own one whatever. Maybe I'm not trusting enough but I like to have my own kit. :)

kai055 said:

always carry your own basic kit
but a team of 4 you could now add a team kit to be split which adds to the 4 individual kits
team kits pack more or bigger stuff ie splints etc or enviroment specific

however always train in First aid to use minimal or improvised stuff then when you do have the kits its a lot easier.

in team stuff its good to be familier with the others kits (hopefully similer if not identical anyway) and where its carried always use the persons own kit to treat them first if possible so know where it is.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE