Fallkniven F1

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

eskimo

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 1, 2006
Humberside
Hi does anyone know why the Fallkniven F1 has jumped up so much in price recently. I recently aquired one from this site (Thanks very much Jus_like_that)

However I was looking for a second for my wife but am sure they used to be £60, cheapest now is between £80-90.

Does anyone know where to get them cheaper?

eskimo

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 1, 2006
Humberside
Here in Sweden they are still 931.51SEK (Approx £80) plus I am not sure about laws bringing them back to the UK.

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
Hi does anyone know why the Fallkniven F1 has jumped up so much in price recently. I recently aquired one from this site (Thanks very much Jus_like_that)

However I was looking for a second for my wife but am sure they used to be £60, cheapest now is between £80-90.

Does anyone know where to get them cheaper?

One going on british blades for £85.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
What you have neglected to remember is that Fallkniven are made in Japan, so you have to compare with the Yen. If you do, you will see that the Euro, Krona and Pound all dropeed in value against the Yen back in September 2008 by roughly a factor of 0.7 (£1 = 200yen in 2008, now £1 = 140Yen). I know its more complicated that this, but if you multiply £60 by 1.4 you get about £90 now.

Nicklas Odh

Forager
Mar 3, 2006
Ed, Sweden
Also, if you look the other way. In July you paid about 5,95 Swedish Kronor for one US Dollar. Now you have to pay around 9 Kronor for it.

It all started with some real estate agents in the US giving loans high and low, then the nice-to-have-stuff got a whole lot more expensive :(

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Funny you should say that...

I bought a Fallkniven u1 (from Wanderingblade - very good price) but I had noticed that on ebay and some other sites they had gone up in price by about £30 since Christmas. Assumed it was an credit crunch/exchange rate thing, but clearly I was wrong.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE