Emergency Winter Car Kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Well...there not for everyone I know as a lot of people are turned off by the idea of an all-in-one kind of kit but I just bought one of these AMK, Doug Ritter (Equipped to Survive), pocket survival kits to add to the kit in my wife's trunk. They are compact but fairly well stocked with several essential items to make emergencies a little easier to cope with.

DougRitterPocketSurvivalKit.jpg

DRkit-1.jpg

DRkit-2.jpg

taws6

Nomad
Jul 27, 2007
Anglia
What about a bag of road salt / grit ?
Toilet paper.
I'd take a proper shovel over my army fold up any day.
Plus a can of petrol

Jimmy the Jet

May 21, 2007
Northern Canada
My kit for the car is the same for the snowmobile. Canvas 8 x 12 McPherson, small airtight stove, Trangia set, sleeping pad & bag, axe, saw, shovel, knife, hand and toe warmers, some of those Shaq sized back heating pads from the pharmacy, some pots, food, matches & ferro, FAK, heavy reflective blanket, light space blanket, Ritter pocket kit, maybe a few other items I forgot. It all fits in a big duffle, except the tent ans stove...

If I lived in the south, I'd carry a few 1 lb propane bottles and a parabolic heater. Crack a window, and away you go. Get out your Iridium phone and you're set.

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
Probably a thread worthy of a bump at this time of year and given our weather

I was on a long journey today and decided to check my kit this morning, i noticed that for some reason i had decided to keep water in a glass bottle, i recall reading that it did not go "off" as quick in glass, anyhoo the result was at some point this winter it had froze explode thawed froze etc, so the extra wooly hat i had put in, and spare socks, tow strap etc where all frozen and stuck together, and the book a little soggy.

lesson learnt is drying on radiators as we speak :) I will reassess whats in when its all dried

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
What about something to stop you getting bored/ frustrated such as a pack of cards, PSP, art materials?

bhofmann

Forager
Dec 18, 2009
Exmouth, Devon, England, UK
What about something to stop you getting bored/ frustrated such as a pack of cards, PSP, art materials?

How long does a PSP battery last? My knife would be my most entertaining item - carving and whittling is great fun, even if you just make toothpicks.

I was nearly caught on the A303 last night, but managed to head south to Dorchester and made it back to Exmouth in 4 hours. :vio:

My boot is going to be FULL of stuff before I leave home again. :drive: Most of the stuff anyone here has mentioned, AND a pair of wellies (or two). :camping:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE