Dried yarrow

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
So i have a small amount of yarrow i gathered this weekend currently drying in the drying cupboard(sounds better than it is its just a cupboard with some space in it)
i have read in several books and magazines that it is good to carry some in the dried form.
anyone got suggestions as to the best way to transport it?
i'm a bit over using a sealy bag (bad connetations a bag of dried herb) any suggestions people?

i was with you until the brain tanned rabbit skin

one of the reasons i want to steer clear of sealy bags and film cannisters is they can be used for storing a completely different herb that tends to upset the local constabulary.
however the 'herb grinders' are some of the best i have found for making dandelion coffee/nettle tea and so on

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
i was with you until the brain tanned rabbit skin

one of the reasons i want to steer clear of sealy bags and film cannisters is they can be used for storing a completely different herb that tends to upset the local constabulary.
however the 'herb grinders' are some of the best i have found for making dandelion coffee/nettle tea and so on

Well on that note, an oilskin tobacco pouch would certainly serve.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
what about a thin waxed leather pouch Sam????????????

the leather will hold it well wrapped tight to keep it air tight, the wax in the leather will make that air tight and water proof too....;)

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
yup thats not a bad idea
hmmmm maybe a bamboo tube with a nice little lid would work ok
its mainly to keep it dry

Beat me to it, nice little bamboo container with a carved horn lid would work well and look the business too

peaks

Settler
May 16, 2009
Derbys
Think archers used to carry it in medieval times to stem blood flow + cleanse battlefield wounds- not sure about modern applications. Yarrow oil is a powerful antibacterial and can be used like tea-tree oil, + is easily obtainable from commercial suppliers.
HTH

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Think archers used to carry it in medieval times to stem blood flow + cleanse battlefield wounds- not sure about modern applications. Yarrow oil is a powerful antibacterial and can be used like tea-tree oil, + is easily obtainable from commercial suppliers.
HTH

I use it in conjunction with ribwort leaves and buds for bad rashes and cuts, never got round to drying some yarrow and carrying it as I find ribwort good for most little things and it is easily found.
My lawn is awash with yarrow though ;)

5c189eb9-5410-5cf4.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE