Double basha setup

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
could you describe it for me? it sounds interesting.

do you mean like a huge tent over the top or some sort of layered thing? :confused:

IIRC, (and I'm not sure I do which is why I was asking :rolleyes: ) it had one over the top like normal, with another one which looked like it overlapped a bit on the top and then came down much lower on one side. It struck me at the time that it looked like a good way to get extra shelter for not a huge amount of extra weight and looked ideal for hammock camping.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
I think your right Wentworth there were some pictures of neil1 one out winter camping with a hammock and basher setup like that. At the meet up Moduser had a setup like that I think, if you ask him nicely he might have some photos.

I’ve drawn up a little diagram from what I can remember and what I have contemplated using this winter the long double length edge is to the windward side of the hammock and goes all the way to the ground

doublebasher.jpg

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
The diagram made by James (Jdlenton) is almost similair to the set up Phil (Bambodoggy) used on one of the Ashdown meet ups - he posted a pic of it (though: a DPM basha and a poncho) in IIRC the Ashdown thread.

That's the only (double) set up I can remember to have seen on BCUK.

Hope this helps,

Edit: can't find the thread ... :eek:

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Well remembered, its the winter set-up I use, it helps keep the wind out, gives me space to carry out personal admin and also acts as a heat reflector (so you have two - one on either side of your hammock) when used with a long fire.
Its a good way to maximise all of your fires warmth.
Neil

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE