DD Travel Hammock and Termarest Neo Air

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lasse

Nomad
Aug 17, 2007
Belgium
Why would you want the Neo Air in a hammock?
For as far as I know the Neo Air is not very well at insulating but good at giving a soft, comfy night on the ground. Your hammock is soft and comfy on its own, right? I'd say insulation is all you need in a hammock.
Or am I missing something?

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
It can be done and works OK to a fashion, the DD's hold pads quite well in between the layers. A couple of spots of silicon sealant on the pad makes it stickier and less prone to midnight pad escape.

You will find that it adds some useful insulation, I've taken a similar setup(Pacific airpad) down to -1 but not been toasty.

I find that airpads in hammocks make them much more tippy and unstable, but still usable. You have to keep it half inflated in the hammock or it will be too hard and uncomfortable.

lamper

Jun 4, 2009
Brighton UK
www.peligra.com
Thanks all,

Was using a foam matt to give the hammock a little more shape and now close in around me as much plus keep the draft off my back. Wondered if a my neoair would be better or worse.

Proabably stick with the foam pad for now them.

Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE