Dave Canterbury book

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
The only controversial thing I've heard about Cody was someone claiming to have a video of him wearing boots. :eek:
I know... I was shocked too.

I like Dave's stuff, and would like to check out this book.
Until now I'll stick to his videos, though I do think he should make this one into a full series :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOg4Ud4HiEU

I'd also like to see a Dave vs Cody survival showdown.
Possible just following their progress in the wild.
Possibly a battle royale.

"Naked and very, very afraid"

Just wouldn't be blurring big enough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Gold

Forager
Nov 2, 2012
Scotland
www.thetreeline.co.uk
I don't care that Dave lied about his military career and Cody sold dope when he was a kid, I rreally liked dual survival with them and Dave's YouTube stuff is also good, he's passionate about the subject and thats cool in my book.

I'm with Robevs on this one; you cant beat DC for enthusiasm which, imho is a crucial element of outdoor teaching. Worth remembering too that he is a 'self made' bushcrafter (like most of us on here) not someone who has been lucky enough to spend a lifetime doing it. For me that makes him a bit more real. Will get his book.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
darn straight....

s

I'm with Robevs on this one; you cant beat DC for enthusiasm which, imho is a crucial element of outdoor teaching. Worth remembering too that he is a 'self made' bushcrafter (like most of us on here) not someone who has been lucky enough to spend a lifetime doing it. For me that makes him a bit more real. Will get his book.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Hi. I just recently bought the book by Dave. (back on subject), and it is a good read. I must say that I preferred his first book as there were less pointing to what he sells on his web site.

That drives me nuts too - if he says pathfinder once he says it 100 times

I did bag a copy of his 1st book on the kindle to see what the fuss was about - it was in the bargin bin for £2 for a few weeks, honestly it was terrible, the formatting was shocking and the repetition drove me nuts

John McCann's Stay Alive! Survival Skills You Need is a far better read

Idleknight

Forager
Aug 14, 2013
United Kingdom, Near Hinckley
Just finished the book, I would give it 4/5.
I liked the style and its easy reading compared to some other books. Not all of it is relevant to the UK or everyone who does bush craft. He does have his own style and his own followers of it. I think its a good thing, rather than being another clone of someone else.

Yes he does mention some of his own kit, however I am sure if I counted, I would see as many references in the book to kit like BG axes and bacho saws too. He also references a lot of the classic American woodsmen, but also references some more modern ones like Mors, Mears and Wiseman.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE