Could you live in this?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
I could build a hut like that for a couple of grand including the caravan chassis. I could easily stay in it but i would need a big van to keep all my kit and tools .

Now the other one is more like it , if i am ever single again i could see myself building a studio flat like that.

Craig.......

Yeah, i can just see it Craig, a 4 square foot studio flat that you live in with your 4 boats parked outside. You would need to hire hampden park to store all your toys if you moved into a tiny wee studio flat like that and also where would you go to when your 2 girls visited, they would be able to corner you mate and talk non stop to you for 12 hours straight, it would drive you potty big man lol.....

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Yeah, i can just see it Craig, a 4 square foot studio flat that you live in with your 4 boats parked outside. You would need to hire hampden park to store all your toys if you moved into a tiny wee studio flat like that and also where would you go to when your 2 girls visited, they would be able to corner you mate and talk non stop to you for 12 hours straight, it would drive you potty big man lol.....

You have a point mate , i think i'm better off staying on Jen's good side and staying at home .
We are down to 4 kayaks 1 rib and the Yacht is up for sale , but when that goes i'm after some wheels and a canoe !

Craig..........

chris_irwin

Nomad
Jul 10, 2007
oxfordshire
here's another interesting one too, though I don't like it as much as the other apartment. Nice concept though:

[video=youtube;Lg9qnWg9kak]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg9qnWg9kak[/video]

skip to about 1:10

AuldJum

Forager
Sep 18, 2011
Fife
I live mainly on my own so i could live in it no problem, my environmental responsibilities say i should get a smaller house.

It's good that Britains have the smallest homes in Europe, it's pretty safe to assume that American or possibly Canadians have the largest average houses.

It's better for the environment to have a small home and morally it's the right thing, i couldn't live with myself if i had a spare room knowing theres people on the street.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I worked hard to own a big house...And yet Im going to have lo leave it.

Ill go and live in a garage with my Skyline, that needs a house, I can live in a tent if need be, but the car cant.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Could I live in something that size? Yes.
Would I want to when last time I looked 20 foot shipping containers were about £900 a pop? No way.

AuldJum

Forager
Sep 18, 2011
Fife
I worked hard to own a big house...And yet Im going to have lo leave it.Ill go and live in a garage with my Skyline, that needs a house, I can live in a tent if need be, but the car cant.
Get rid of the car then, sounds like it's holding you back and morally it'd be better.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE