Christmas - What is on your wish list?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I've been put on a very short notice waiting list for my long-awaited and much needed knee replacement operation, with a reasonable chance that it may be done and dusted by christmas, so the best present I could have is to be sat somewhere on christmas eve with a nice drink and a successful outcome.

And codeine ;). The op will be fine, but the knee guys did suffer worse than us hipsters. All the best mate anyway.

Got one of these? Truly tiny, heats the tent well. I thought the Markill was compact, but these are really mini.

E14E672A-EBC1-444F-AB8A-CCA37112C046_zpsvisxetm1.jpg

Next to the Markill.

E280DDBD-AC90-4D24-A288-A2BB318BD1E7_zpsh0m7rjtf.jpg

Last edited:

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
And codeine ;). The op will be fine, but the knee guys did suffer worse than us hipsters. All the best mate anyway.

Got one of these? Truly tiny, heats the tent well. I thought the Markill was compact, but these are really mini.

E14E672A-EBC1-444F-AB8A-CCA37112C046_zpsvisxetm1.jpg

Next to the Markill.

E280DDBD-AC90-4D24-A288-A2BB318BD1E7_zpsh0m7rjtf.jpg

Rich, is that a Coleman F1 ?

wandering1

Nomad
Aug 21, 2014
Staffordshire
Actually. I just thought

Wish list.
1 a new job away from Lunatics Ltd
2 a new kneecap.
Now the.cold weathers comin my kneecap is goin click, click, click...

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
I have to admit to being humbled so far. I expected kit lists of top end stuff like Gransfors, Woodlores, Cuben Fibre tarps and the like, but it's reassuring and the important things seem to be at the top of the list. :)

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
'Tis too :)

Utterly packable, light is a bit limited by the mesh, lots of heat off it. Tidy little thing though.

That and the Optimus Crux I got off you make light, heat and cooking easy on a 250g cartridge.

There is one of those beggars along with a now empty gas cartridge laid in a bush half way down a cliff near Freshwater. I was in a bivvi and knocked the thing over as I was getting in and it turned into a bit of a drama.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I want a completley undiscovered civilisation, so my name will be praised forever and ever by scholars...

...or a advent calendar with a selection of smoked sausages in it.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
There is one of those beggars along with a now empty gas cartridge laid in a bush half way down a cliff near Freshwater. I was in a bivvi and knocked the thing over as I was getting in and it turned into a bit of a drama.

:lmao:

Luckily, in Freshwater, there's not much that'll burn. Bet you were gutted though.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
I always say that if you want to teach people the real meaning of christmas, give them a live turkey...:p

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I want a completley undiscovered civilisation, so my name will be praised forever and ever by scholars...

...or a advent calendar with a selection of smoked sausages in it.

LOL! :D

Seriously though, anything would be better than those rancid stale chocolates!

I wonder if such a creature exists.. sausages, cheeses, candies etc would make great little treats!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
How about a "Masters of Malt" advent calendar?

http://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/drinks-by-the-dram/the-whisky-advent-calendar/

the-whisky-advent-calendar.jpg

[h=3]Whisky Calendar 2014 Bottling Note[/h] It's here, the 2014 Whisky Advent Calendar! Look at it. Regard it. What is surely the greatest advent calendar known to humankind is back for a third Christmas countdown, and there's still no better way to get into the festive spirit!

Behind each of the 24 windows lies a different 3cl Drinks By The Dram sample of delicious whisky, so this year be sure to count down to Christmas in style (again). And if you like this, why not take a look at The Premium Whisky Advent Calendar!

Frighteningly, at £150, its the cheap one. Theres a premium version!

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Faugh!

I had the idea when I was in the Polish shop yesterday.(There was a handwritten sign on the side window, saying `come in and try our selection of cheeses and smoked sausages`, so I coldnt pass that, could I?) they had chocolate advent calendars. (much better looking than ours) and indeed a selection of cheeses and sausages. (Plus other nice stuff like more soups than you could shake a stick at and cherry flavoured jelly.) I came out with a few new packets...very good meats, and the smoked cheese is also desirable...came sliced up, think of what processed cheese slices ought to taste like and dont.

Remarkably, that little lot came out at about £2...and should last a few days of riotous smorgasbord. Why cant we have cheap foods that taste great here?

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE