Christmas Moot - 9/10th Dec 2006

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mr_Rimps

Forager
Aug 13, 2006
Hampshire
Great weekend. Good to put faces to names.
Thanks to Bootstrap Bob for helping me out with my first spoon, Gobbler for his excellent pigion cleaning demonstration and Buckley for supplying the stuff that made gravity my enemy (twice). ...and of course Tony and Swyn for making it happen.

Looking forward to the next one.
Andy

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
That was a good lesson in camping in the cold! I have a lot to learn.

Thanks to so many. Especially to the folk who shared their alcohol! Travelling with just a ruck sack limits what I can bring.

Thanks also very much to:-

Jason Sears for the ideas on bannock
George for a great fire place, atlatl ideas, watching a master carver
Tony and Bilko for the lifts
Swyn for the site
The young man who found me the ivy log
and to many many others

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Kees said:
are these moots held on a regular basis? I am interested to join also, depending on location since I have to travel from Holland.

Hi Kees.

The Bushcraft UK Moots are held every year. IN 2007 we should be having 3, Spring, Summer and Autumn, saying that I expect that we’ll have a Christmas one again after having such a great weekend..

The Moots generally have workshops organised so that people can learn from each other and from people who teach professionally, these are great events, the summer one is 5 days long, and t he rest are 3. You’d be more than welcome to any of them so keep an eye on the forum for more info.

There’s also lots of other meets where the members get together all over the country, I think there’s also been a meet over there with some of your countrymen. Keep an eye on this forum to see what’s coming up :D I expect that if you put up some dates you were coming over people would flock to the chance of getting out :D

Hope that helps

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
Hi All

What a chilled out weekend (in more ways than one). It was good to catch up with everyone and meet some new people.

Thanks to Tony and Swyn for organising it all.

Glad everyone who tried the Atlatl enjoyed it. I must admit I did feel a little bit inadequate with my Atatl's next to Aaron with that bow. Cheers mate for letting me have a go with it.

Dissapointed that I missed the Salmon, the pics look good.

My list of thanks are to:

Richard for showing me that wet tinder method again and for being such good company around the fire.
Phil for inventing a new method of working the Wimmie Diddle & bringing the whiskey.
Phil (again) & Dominic for showing me the Badger and Monkjack trails.
Shelley for driving me to Tesco's.
Jon and James for the Lunar tutorial.
All who made that wicked pheasant stew.

Jason, hopefully I will get to one of your meets in the New Year.

Have a great Christmas and new Year and hopefully see you all in the Spring.

Cheers

George
Newbury

:lmao:

Seoras said:
Hi All

What a chilled out weekend (in more ways than one). It was good to catch up with everyone and meet some new people.

Thanks to Tony and Swyn for organising it all.

Glad everyone who tried the Atlatl enjoyed it. I must admit I did feel a little bit inadequate with my Atatl's next to Aaron with that bow. Cheers mate for letting me have a go with it.

Dissapointed that I missed the Salmon, the pics look good.

My list of thanks are to:

Richard for showing me that wet tinder method again and for being such good company around the fire.
Phil for inventing a new method of working the Wimmie Diddle & bringing the whiskey.
Phil (again) & Dominic for showing me the Badger and Monkjack trails.
Shelley for driving me to Tesco's.
Jon and James for the Lunar tutorial.
All who made that wicked pheasant stew.

Jason, hopefully I will get to one of your meets in the New Year.

Have a great Christmas and new Year and hopefully see you all in the Spring.

Cheers

George
Newbury

:lmao:

Great to meet you George and loved it when Dommy, you and I when off piste on the Saturday bimble.

The Wimmie Diddle was great fun - has Dommy given it back to you yet :lmao:

The Atatls were excellent - can't wait to make some and get chucking. Must remember to warn the neighbours of incoming :rolleyes:

Do you have any pictures of the Wimmie Diddle so I can make one please mate?

All the best,

Phil.

micah

Oct 30, 2006
london
My first chance to check the forum since coming back from the moot. Great to meet everyone. Tony, thanks for lending me the tarp and organising things. Bootstrap, Buckley and Rimps, thanks for the company and the stories. Rich59 thanks for the Bushcraft book and the hand drill tutorial.

Micah

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Jon Pickett said:
Cheers Phil, can send you the full sized one, no probs, pm me your addy. I will send you the original and the cropped one as above....
Jon can I be cheeky and ask for a copy as well - that is a superb picture :)

Axe Catcher

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2006
The Wilds of Stratford-upon-Avon!
It was a great moot, a fab learning experience for me, and apart from some very cold toes, it was extremely comfortable, creature comforts being some amazing wine cooked dessert pears by the very generous Womble, a wild game stew cooked by the hospitable and talented Bardster, and a more-ish wassail in the barn created by Weekend Warrior.

I can firmly agree with Daves comment around the fire "If I'm not surviving comfortably, I'm doing it wrong," each and everytime I wasn't comfortable, it was because I was doing it wrong :)

I finally managed to get to chat to quite a few people I haven't managed to before, learn how to hammock properly (pllleeeeeeeese won't someone sell me an underblanket) and make a couple of friends. It was great to re-meet you all, and I can't wait for the next moot.

AC

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE