cheap burner/cookware at Lidl

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bosun

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 30, 2003
Gloucester, UK
Ah, the Lidl "Trangia". We bought eight for the Scouts last year (£8 each then, I think).

They're almost identical to Trangias, but at that price it won't really matter if the Scouts trash them in a couple of years or so (they will).

I've heard reports that the burners leak, so don't store them with any meths still inside them (which you shouldn't do anyway).

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
They're fine for the price, but the stamped out parts have some sharp edges. The self inflating seat cushions are great though. They are good to line the back of your pack with as well.

Eric

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I agree with Eric; I bought one and sliced my finger open the night before the first Scottish meet on the tab that closes over the burner. It's not a bad bit of kit, just ca' canny until you've checked the edges. :rolleyes: and for the money it's excellent value. Biggish pots though.

cheers,
Toddy

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
Good bit of Kit for the price I got one at £7.99
required a little attention with a small file.

Lidls in Kent dont have them on offer page this time :(
or I would have got another

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
Hopefully my sister (who lives in Swansea) will be picking me up one today. The ones round my way arn't stocking them.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE