Lidl tripod BBQ

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I had a look at one a few weeks ago.

The raised firepit and tripod looked good but like you I wasn't sure about the swinging grill bit.

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
I saw this exact thing used by some ramgers at the local country park a few days ago and it was pretty good. Even the swinging cooking grill wasn't a problem. It looked a really good piece of kit and I am going to try to get one for an upcoming guys camp with my church.

Well spotted clcuckow

Phill :You_Rock_

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Work very well, you can leave the base sections at home to lower height and save weight, or just take the top hat which houses the pully and make legs from wood.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
go one last year - that and an old bed sheet are great for doing smoked jerky

Good thinking that man

Is that top ring necessary ? I presume it's their to stop the legs splaying out but to remove it would make it more adaptable possibly ?

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Went into a Leicester Lidl this morning and in the brochure in the store they are £9.99 not the £14.99 stated in the e-mail newsletter thingy so looks a really good buy

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
They work well with pots and pans

DSCF3226.jpg

DSCF3120.jpg

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
I went into my local Lidl this morning just gone 8.00 am after dropping kids at school.

There were none around so I asked a member of staff. She said their area manager had told them to put one together on display yesterday and guess what, they sold all 8 they had in storage yesterday 'cos people asked for them... So I bought the display one. So there may be none in your local store 'cos some area manager has jumped the gun.

Phill :aargh4:

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
Yeah, figured that might be the case :(

I did ask but only suggestion was to try another store.

If anyone coming to the next Midlands Meet fancies picking up a spare I'd make it worthwhile! :)

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
Well I got one from the Accrington store and they had about 5 left as of 1830 today. Warrington also had 3 left as of 1945.

If there is anyone in the Manchester, Warrington/St Helens or Haslingden area that is difficulty getting one let me know and I will try and pick one up for you tomorrow.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
There were six at my local store, abit of a drive from warwickshire though chap, very impressed with this all for only nine pounds, very cool and so many modding possibiltys too, intend to add a vent in the center with a open close handle extending out to the edge,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE