Camping pillows

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wacker

Sep 4, 2015
East Yorkshire
It's important in fairness, I'm that rare breed of hammock side sleepers so it'll be good to have something to partially deflate

Surprising, I'm a side sleeper in my hammock and I've not felt the need for a pillow at all! If I'm ground dwelling I just wrap my clothes up in a shemagh, I don't sleep well on anything inflatable other than a self inflating foam mat.

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Surprising, I'm a side sleeper in my hammock and I've not felt the need for a pillow at all! If I'm ground dwelling I just wrap my clothes up in a shemagh, I don't sleep well on anything inflatable other than a self inflating foam mat.
More habit the pillow than anything I think, the neck pillows I can't get away with, can't stand things round my neck while I'm asleep. I'm used to using the water bladder but the edges and filler cap poke and prod you too much lol

Honest Outrage

Tenderfoot
Sep 4, 2015
Midlands
I'm using a hammock for the first time ever this Thursday. The one thing i was worried about is having to sleep on my back. I really don't sleep well like that and have to be on my side. Now that a few different people have said side sleeping is fine, i'm going to give it a go, but after NS40 mentioned about his pillow slipping down in the night, im thinking of ways to avoid that happening!!

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I'm using a hammock for the first time ever this Thursday. The one thing i was worried about is having to sleep on my back. I really don't sleep well like that and have to be on my side. Now that a few different people have said side sleeping is fine, i'm going to give it a go, but after NS40 mentioned about his pillow slipping down in the night, im thinking of ways to avoid that happening!!
Get yourself diagonal in a hammock and you're fine on your side. If not set the hammock tighter

Alan 13~7

Settler
Oct 2, 2014
Prestwick, Scotland
I need comfy...I've been working/experimenting on/with camping pillow kids cammo t shirt for a pillow case & 2 camping pillows filled with micro beans light but bulky, (one was not enough) also bought a cheep IRQ archery Camouflage Waterproof Sleeping Bag £22 inc postage 3 season from China summer not inc. arrived today & also one of these for novelty value £5.25 inc postage from China ordered at same time...

log pillow by Alan 13-7, on Flickr

Last edited:

Wacker

Sep 4, 2015
East Yorkshire
Kurt you should find if you hang it right and lay at an angle you'll be fine. I find my hammock supports my head just fine without a pillow too, only problem I've had recently is a bit of an ache in my shoulder in the morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honest Outrage

Tenderfoot
Sep 4, 2015
Midlands
mat, reflective sheet, and bag. i have no concerns about the warmth, just the sleep comfort aspect for me. Fingers crossed i sleep like a baby, in which case the tent and bivi is going out of the window!

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
mat, reflective sheet, and bag. i have no concerns about the warmth, just the sleep comfort aspect for me. Fingers crossed i sleep like a baby, in which case the tent and bivi is going out of the window!
Consider taping the mat under the hammock not having it between you and the hammock, assuming it's a single skin. Once you get used to the motion and sleeping position you start wanting one for full time sleeping!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE