Camping pillows

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Pretty basic question this one, what do people use as outdoor pillows? I'm looking for reccomendations

Usually I use my water bladder wrapped in an old norgie vest but I'm sick of bits poking me in the lug at night so fancy something a little more comfortable. Weight not an issue but size is so something small

I have a fleece slip pillow case. Fold swanndri or similar clothing and stuff into it.
Roberts your fathers brother.

Alternatively i roll and fold my twodogs into its hood and use that.
Another option is to roll/fold clothing up in a shemagh and again use that.

Ive had and used specific "camping"pillows and find them worse than no pillow at all

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Interesting to see folding clothes is the general consensus here. Doing something right then!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I have an old fleece pillow from my carp fishing days. Cut it open at one end and added Velcro then fill it with my spare clothes.

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
I use one of the ikea inflatable neck pillows. Doesn't take up much space and has a lovely velvety removable (therefore washable) cover. I tend to make a point of underinflating it. Packs down to the size of a 330ml drinks can.

I stitched a couple of loops into it so I can attach it to o ne end of my hammock to stop it slipping down underneath me.

I've also used the stuff sac with day clothes option too and it's comfy as well.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Have a fleece blanket that I wrap into a roll... when I lie back in the hammock it acts as a pillow and a ear warmer :) Unrolled in the morning to air it out, then rolled back up at night.

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I tried a neck pillow before but couldn't get away with it. Never come across and exped though

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Surprising how comfy they are. When i first saw them i thought "what, how much....for a blow up pillow" but then i borrowed one and tried it...amazing, so comfy,contoured perfectly.
It's important in fairness, I'm that rare breed of hammock side sleepers so it'll be good to have something to partially deflate

Lizz

Absolute optimist
May 29, 2015
Cardiff
I have a memory foam travel pillow by thermarest which packs down into a cyclinder the size of a jet boil. I also have a thermarest dry/stuff bag which can be tuned inside out and has a fleece cover! Does the job stuffed with a fleece jacket. And lastly I bought a small pillow off tengu at the Bushmoot sale stall which is a mix of foam and inflation. It rolls up pretty small. I've found that the combination of the foam pillow and the inflatable pillow are like heaven - as between them they are very adjustable in terms of height and bungyness. I'm a happy side sleeper and these plus a thermarest and a golite quilt inside a borah gear bivi, with an extra down blanket by Yeti means I am happy and toasty and most importantly ASLEEP through the night. Oh and ear plugs. When I am camping, these take up most of the space in my rucsac. And oh boy I may be smelly and grubby (cos of few clothes and not much wash gear) but I sleep really well, so I'm never grumpy! I'm sure smelly and grubby were in the original cast of Snow White, but they didn't make the director's cut.

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
It's important a good night's kip. Usually I come back stinking of fire but well rested and happy! Even if I do insist on a good bracing wash in the stream of a morning!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE