Cambridgeshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi got to do some work so only a quick reply
I'm in the Peterborough area for the foreseeable future.

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
Hope you all had a good day/night/weekend. Sorry I was unable to make it this time - I blame the wife for organising attendance to parties when I'm supposed to be away!

Anyway, as a plus point, quite out of the blue, I had a job offer today, which I have accepted, start Monday :)

Hope to catch up with you all again soon.

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Good news Lee :bigok: .
Only Steve and Crowe stopped over but it was a brill Saturday :approve:. Group of (Guides?-Scouts?) there, all playing hide and seek, etc after a 20k walk (sooner them than me):rolleyes:. One of their leaders came and showed us his Friskar axe and his knife he carves spoons with. Novel idea...teaches them to carve a spoon using a carrot! :thinkerg: Hadn't thought of that :deal:
See you soon dude..you were missed;)
Norwich next weekend if your about ;)

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
Sounds like you had a great time Kev :) Really am gutted that I was unable to make it, but at the same time, if I was there I wouldn't have been available for the hastily arranged interview, so I guess this time fate was on my side :)

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
GUTTED!!! All those quesions and I didnt even make it!!!! It would appear national express east anglia couldnt run without me for the weekend!!!!!

Hope you all has a great time fellas, I guess it will be next year at the next meet!!

Cheers
Steve

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
I was just having quick check if the camp was still on...****!
I've got all my kit ready for this weekend coming....****!
...and, I Got the dates mucked up! :(
I'm going to be kicking myself for the rest of the week!

Last edited:

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Hi folks - any idea around what time the next meet near Cambridge will be? Would love to attend as can hopefully fit it in with a visit to my son who now lives in Cambridge.

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Ok - thanks for the info - 10 December is while he is still revising for exams so not an option and Norwich is too far from Cambridge for me (I am travelleing from Leicestershire) so looks like the new year - could be good because I can't make the Rough Close one on 28 January, so ... so long as it isn't then, I should be able to make a Cambridge one (weather/roads permitting)

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
Sorry KEv, i just got the notification that its full - not been on here for some time and only you mesaging too, so why is full who knows!? i get th epermission not granted pixie when i trie to find out. Wil have a look at that link though. Good to see the thr

Hi Elines, as Kev said, a meet won't be till spring now! Too tough getting numbers up for cold weather!

Nice find Kev, looks simpler than mine to put up! Although I would say that outer cover that becomes a base plate looks a bit redundant other than for a heat shield for the grass, which shouldn't be a problem with the height of the fire on those long legs! Would be better as a wind break! IMO
There's a great homemade burner just been posted called the 10 v 10!

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
Hello Kev :) and everyone else too of course :) not managed to get on here for a while, due to work keeping me busy and my laptop dying! anyone know how to recover files from a 'knackard' hard drive???

good to see the thread being kept alive and hopefully it wont be tooooooooooo long till the next meet :)

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Hello Kev :) and everyone else too of course :) not managed to get on here for a while, due to work keeping me busy and my laptop dying! anyone know how to recover files from a 'knackard' hard drive???

good to see the thread being kept alive and hopefully it wont be tooooooooooo long till the next meet :)
How knackered is it. Seized, dead or just not being seen?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE