Cambridgeshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
I reckon the problem was a certain member (if you need to know who, just look back in the thread) that organised everything had to pay a deposit up front for the field and those that said they were coming and then got let down a lot by members not turning up on the day. He was well out of pocket last year so I don't blame him for not putting his hard earned up and chancing it.
Anyone else got a place for a meet?
Norwich is meeting at Hethel (Nr. Norwich) on the 21st, maybe for an overnighter if enough are interested. Nothing there so carry water/food in and rubbish/waste out but open fire to cook on and plenty of wooded areas to explore. The main man that organises it and has access to the private woods is Damascus if you need to PM him. I'm sure it's the more the merrier but the woods location is not common knowledge so courtesy says it may be a good idea (hint, hint).

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Norwich is a bit out of the way for me - Cambridge is nearer and my son lives there so I was hoping to tie in a visit to him with a weekend's camping.

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
I reckon the problem was a certain member (if you need to know who, just look back in the thread) that organised everything had to pay a deposit up front for the field and those that said they were coming and then got let down a lot by members not turning up on the day. He was well out of pocket last year so I don't blame him for not putting his hard earned up and chancing it.
Anyone else got a place for a meet?

I know exactly what you mean there Kev, attending numbers were a little disappionting to say the least! Such a shame really, as it was a great place and us few 'hardcore' had some great times :)

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
I've just (and I mean literally just) found out who owns a very large unkempt woods in our area. As soon as I see the new owner I'll ask about camp overs etc. No water or anything there just a deep green woods ;)

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
is there anything coming up soon? Kev, eel it has been a mad year with work and other things, but would love to meet up again at the same camp. If anyone was out of pocket then I would be glad to drop off a few ££££'s to make up for it. need to get things booked again and maybe put the money up front. It is not a very expensive stay for a weekend camp. So if a block booking was done then say £20 up front money would be fine with me, or whatever people booked paid up front first. Hope we can get things together again. if anyone needs to get together and chat about this the pm me and I will give my contact details. PS may I add I know nothing about booking the site but would be willing to find out. Please let me know what you all think

Cheers

Rick

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Update:
:dancer:
Met someone doing demo's at the Stow-Cum-Quy show. He's coming to show everything from selecting friction fire woods to fire. Doing Bowdrill and other friction forms (I think he had a pump drill as well) :)
He's bringing some kelsooed (if thats how you spell it) spoons, etc he's carved/made as well goodjob.
All still welcome ;)
Heres the link add your name to the list if your coming please

Last edited:

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
Hi Kev

Just sent an email to the Little Abington scout site to see if it is still available to book. Pretty much fully booked next month so it may well be in the new year, but still have to wait to see if they will still let us use the sight. I will let you know and keep you posted as soon as I hear anything.

Cheers

Rick

L8starter

Forager
Mar 6, 2011
norwich, uk
brrr new year sounds a bit nippy but i need to get out there doing stuff. i need a lesson in knife sharpening...... hint hint....?????? anybody around here any good with knives might teach me how to sharpen?

shovel reccy

Forager
Feb 22, 2007
cambridge
hi gents just checking to see how the cambs areas looking for scrafting,moving to cambrige some time next month. the only place i have been so far is thetford a couple of weekends near brandon,moving around the area spending a nite in diff locations over the weekend. must say i do like it up there nice and quiet not to many people around.atb paul.

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
No news yet from little Abington scout site. Will let eve3ryone know as soon as I hear anything. If anyone else has any sites or ideas for the Cambridgeshire area please let me know.

Thanks

Rick

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
hello everyone, im new to this and would love to meet up with anyone local to peterborough.

Go over to the introductions threads mate and post in there.
You will get a lot more responses.
Welcome to the forum, I'm not far from you in march.
This pal e is brilliant, enjoy it.
Cheers
Steve

Leave only footprints take only memories

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE