Bushmoot 2008

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Yeah all the wines exploded. sorry folks, no elderflower rocket fuel for the naughty corner, I guess the stuff was just TOO naughty for its own good :(
Now if you`ll excuse me, I have been ordered to go over and help clean the kitchen walls, ceiling and floor....

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
another Quick Question!!

Can we sea fish at the moot? I know its private land Im not sure what the sea fishing laws are for private beaches.

Wolfie

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 19, 2004
S.Wales
Fishing is Ok from the beach. Fishing on the river is a different matter. Certain areas are private fishing areas. As far as I understand you can fish between the Treatment Works bridge to the sea but only on the Eastern side of the river or in the river itself. The Merthyr Mawr Estate is willing to give people access across the saltmarsh but not for the purposes of fishing (there are no public rights of way, access is permissive).

As for running a course on the dunes it may be possible - it all depends on what is being done, providing the right insurance documents etc etc. Stuart - I should be at the moot sometime so if you are still interested we can have a chat and sort something out.

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
I can show people how to make a net.
I only have one netting needle but if everyone was willing to make a needle one night I'd be happy to show you how :)

beach bum

On a new journey
Jul 15, 2004
cardiff
Due to family commitments in the form of yet another wedding :rolleyes: I won't be able to make it this year, much to my chagrin. I'm sorry that I won't be there to run you good folk about as usual.

I look forward to reading reports of good things. I'm really miffed at not being there.:sadwavey:

regards

beach bum

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Im getting my stuff packed and excited now. We are going to head down very early, and arrive about 8 am or something, I have a feeling the site doesnt open till later? But we can't organise it any other way than get there exremely early.
Man I keep pestering everyone with questions, Im like a kid going holiday!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Im getting my stuff packed and excited now. We are going to head down very early, and arrive about 8 am or something, I have a feeling the site doesnt open till later? But we can't organise it any other way than get there exremely early.
Man I keep pestering everyone with questions, Im like a kid going holiday!

I know what you mean. I was planning to start getting things packed but had to go collect a couple axles for my step sons that he'd bought on ebay for his jeep... the things you do for the kids.

We are going to head down very early, and arrive about 8 am or something, I have a feeling the site doesnt open till later? !

I'm aiming to get there early as well and will probably end up on the dunes flying my kites and snoozing til the gates open at 1:00pm
Safe journey and see you there :)

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
firecrest Quote- :''I didnt realise it had a fighting pit.
Fantastic! I says we have a Bushmoot fighting tournament. Homemade weapons only, winner takes all''

Looks liken I'll be runnin' the ''Circle o' treachery'' again this year then...:)
Larper swords at dawn Firecrest? :swordfigh ....mwahahahahhahah!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE