Bushmoot 2008

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
Does anyone know if the site is available at other times of the year for camping? If so, how do you contact them for booking etc.?

I'm visiting friends in Cardiff in a couple of weekends and thought it would be more fun if we camped (in Pignut's old tent -eek!). I think there is a campsite at Southerndown, too, but unlikely to offer as much as the Merthyr Mawr site.

Thanks,

the myther mawr site isnt open to individuals, you have to book the whole site, so its generally only worth doing for large groups

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
They do that :eek:
You have to gently, with the tops pointing outside ! , release a little of the pressure everyday until it's not so active.

cheers,
Toddy..........who once blew up six of them after she left them in the kitchen to go on holiday; came home at 2 am with two babies and a puppy to find the entire kitchen covered in sticky glass :( :( it was a nightmare to clean, the only saving grace was that no one was hurt when they blew.

Best of luck with it.
M

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Yes thats the problem, my cousin is on holiday. The neighbors phoned her and said they had heard an enormous crash, so somebody went over to see what it was and it was one of the wines. It might not be safe enough to ask any of them to go near the bottles.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
No, that is a problem.
I just put on a heavy jacket and a pair of oven gloves to remove the surviving bottles. Probably better if I'd found some goggles too :dunno:
Once I got them outside I opened them one by one pointing the neck into the bin shed. Looked like I'd won the Grand Prix when they fountained out.

I don't envy you this one, best of luck getting them settled.

atb,
Toddy

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Yes luckily they are in plastic pop bottles. Im not sure much else about them, I didnt see how she bottled it all. We took one with us to wales this weekend though, and it was like rocket fuel.

I would like to come with two of my sons (6 and 2 1/2). Are the toilet / shower facilities OK on the site? As you can imagine - if one of us wants the loo, we all have to go as I can't leave them alone! Three people in a festival portaloo is a problem, but 3 people in a proper 'brick built' is bearable!

Thanks

Chris

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Chris [HikeWales];418311 said:
I would like to come with two of my sons (6 and 2 1/2). Are the toilet / shower facilities OK on the site? As you can imagine - if one of us wants the loo, we all have to go as I can't leave them alone! Three people in a festival portaloo is a problem, but 3 people in a proper 'brick built' is bearable!

Thanks

Chris
the toilets/showers block is fine, fine for kids and adults alike, they even have lights :D

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Chris [HikeWales];418311 said:

Thanks

Chris

You better book quick quick quick! I heard there is only 3 places left.

JonBaker

Tenderfoot
Sep 24, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Can we still book for the bushmoot - I've got paid today and went to book 2 people for 2 nights, but it seems to have been removed from the shop. Am I too late? There seemed to be about 43 places when I looked the other night.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Can we still book for the bushmoot - I've got paid today and went to book 2 people for 2 nights, but it seems to have been removed from the shop. Am I too late? There seemed to be about 43 places when I looked the other night.

Sorry to say but Tony announced today that all the tickets have been sold but you can buy a day ticket if you're able to attend that way.

The Moot is now Full

Tickets for the full event have sold out, sorry if you've missed the opportunity but there will be plenty more Moots in the future. We want it to be a great experience for everyone which means keeping the numbers limited.

Day visitors are more than welcome but we're no longer taking bookings through the shop so you'll have to sign in and pay at the event (£20/day).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE