Bushcraft Bucket List

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Interested to know what your bucket list of all things bushcraft might be?

In no particular order I'd like to:

Build a comfortable bed out of natural materials that makes me say 'Oh yeah' as I lay down.

Cook a full meal without burning something.

Sit in complete silence for an hour without falling asleep.. just take in the sounds around me.

Carve a kuksa.

Weave a basket that I can keep.

Find a way of not feeling like a cheat for starting my fire with a lighter.

I have a few more on my bucket list, but rather than boring you... I would rather hear yours. Honestly, what would you really want to be able to do if it were your last chance to do so?

zornt

Nomad
Apr 6, 2014
Ohio, USA
Just to get out in the woods again, being disabled sucks. I can't walk long distances yet and If I fall I can't get up without help.

Ulyimate bucket list item would be to do the Ididerod dogsled race.

SGL70

Dec 1, 2014
Luleå, Sweden
I am having a hard time pin-pointing specific activities, other than going solo across Sarek. Otherwise my list is rather short:
Do it more often
Indoctrinate the kids

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Over winter in the High Arctic in a cabin.
Sweden, Norway or Finland.
Stock it, get my wood in, watch winter take hold, live,contemplate,learn and write.

C.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Over winter in the High Arctic in a cabin.
Sweden, Norway or Finland.
Stock it, get my wood in, watch winter take hold, live,contemplate,learn and write.

C.

Mr Cat if you are ever looking for a co-author please give me a call. :D

That was pretty much what I'd been mulling over to put down myself.
Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire

Build a comfortable bed out of natural materials that makes me say 'Oh yeah' as I lay down.

Sit in complete silence for an hour without falling asleep.. just take in the sounds around me.

Carve a kuksa.

I have a few more on my bucket list, but rather than boring you... I would rather hear yours. Honestly, what would you really want to be able to do if it were your last chance to do so?

OK - I have done all those :)
Mine are
Eventually have a full set of home made, almost 100% natural materials, bushy kit that I can go out with without struggling (ie my tin lid and broomstick fryingpan was OK but not good enough...) and still enjoy getting out there every month of the year.
Footwear and underwear are the big problems, especially for winter!

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Gb, Td, a four man cabin between the 3 of us sounds about right!! Lol !
Seriously, I really hope one day to try for this.
You're a long time dead!

Take it easy gents.

Best.

C.

Jul 5, 2014
Derbyshire :-D
Go to scandinavia
Go on a camp with just a knife axe and saw ( and be comfy whilst doing so)
Track down an animal and then see it ( once I tracked a whole herd of deer and saw them, about 35 of them)- but once is not enough!!!
Go on a solo camp

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Go native for a year with an indigenous people.
Teach Ray Mears something he didn't know about bushcraft.

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
Just to get out in the woods again, being disabled sucks. I can't walk long distances yet and If I fall I can't get up without help.

Ulyimate bucket list item would be to do the Ididerod dogsled race.
Kinda puts my Bucket list into perspective...if you lived nearer i would gladly be your #2 if you would let me.

Last edited:

Lizz

Absolute optimist
May 29, 2015
Cardiff
Hhhmm, interesting query, and I like what's on your list. I think I'd go for going out for a week (or a month or a season) using only things I'd made myself - so I'm building my kit bit by bit... And I have already made both the summer and winter footwear which seemed the biggest hurdle when I started out - ha ha, I hadn't thought about the axe and knife at the start - though I have now forged a knife and knapped a Flint axe, so even these things are possible...

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
If i had a bushcraft bucket list it would probably involve a light aircraft crash in the amazon..nothing serious, i walk away, only to be capture by tribe of 6 ' tall Amazonian wimminz who have not yet got there heads around friction fire, The wheel and possibly/hopefully clothing...

i know, it's more of a fantasy than a bucket list, but it's all i got.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
1. I'm not obsessed (yet) but I want to make fire with a bowdrill kit.
2. I want some flint knapping lessons.
3. There's a log cabin where a stream enters a smallish lake.
Stay there for a week of every month for a year.
Study the changing seasons in watercolor paints.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia

Carve a kuksa.

Done that. I would like to light a nice warm fire on the homestead, open the brewhouse up and invite

Mesquite
John Fenna
Toddy
Clouston 98
Louis1661
Bushwhacker Bob
HillBill
Stu Mitchell

and a couple of others round the fire and see whether they can drink me dry before the sun comes up

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Got any Blackberry Brandy Hugh? :)

Done that. I would like to light a nice warm fire on the homestead, open the brewhouse up and invite

Mesquite
John Fenna
Toddy
Clouston 98
Louis1661
Bushwhacker Bob
HillBill
Stu Mitchell

and a couple of others round the fire and see whether they can drink me dry before the sun comes up

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE