Bucks/Oxon anybody?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bowlin

Nov 19, 2013
Luton, Bedfordshire
It's looking likely that I'll be doing some Bunny Bashing for a client on the 30th, so does anyone want a rabbit to cook over the camp fire? (Obviously rabbit cooperation dependent).

Taz220sdi

Tenderfoot
Nov 8, 2012
Princes Risborough
Just had a thought..........

Would anybody have any objections if I made a video of what goes on? No talking involved just a few short clips put together into a longer video set to a bit of relaxing music, that's the idea anyway. If you would rather not please say and I will make sure not to get you in shot!

Not a problem with me Mark.

Bowlin

Nov 19, 2013
Luton, Bedfordshire
Can you put me down for a bunny?

No problem, (Mark & I are planning a rabbit stew instead of the lamb if the plan comes together) I shall of course gut them on Friday (saves the mess/ smell on Saturday) and then we can skin and joint them at the meet on the Saturday.

All of this is of course dependent upon the shoot going ahead and the bunnies cooperating! If you are relying on rabbit for your camp meal Taz then I'd make sure you have a back-up plan just in case it all goes pear-shaped.

I also have some pheasants in the freezer (still 'in the feather') if anyone is interested in one of these they are also welcome (but you'll have to pluck/skin gut and joint it yourself as I CBA). Let me know.

Cheers
Steve

MarkinLondon

Nomad
May 17, 2013
Bedfordshire
So: this is the first time that anyone's been at this site, other than Marky? We'll have a lot of wood to gather… I guess this means I'm bringing the big axe :)

marky0283

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2014
Nr Buckingham
I would like a rabbit as well if possible please. Never tasted it before let alone peeled one so will need somebody to show me how. I would imagine it is quite tricky to peel around the face or do you just chop it's head off?

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
It's looking likely that I'll be doing some Bunny Bashing for a client on the 30th, so does anyone want a rabbit to cook over the camp fire? (Obviously rabbit cooperation dependent).

If you need a hand I am insured and a good shot I own a webley fx2000 and love shooting bunnys so if u can +1 the permission and you need a hand give me a shout
azaqa9e5.jpg
jy3e2agu.jpg
apehevep.jpg
5uga5a7e.jpg

The last pic is rabbit ragu in the making

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
I would like a rabbit as well if possible please. Never tasted it before let alone peeled one so will need somebody to show me how. I would imagine it is quite tricky to peel around the face or do you just chop it's head off?

Hahahah marky your funny peeling a rabbit. It's skinning a rabbit and yes you cut there heads off.

Bowlin

Nov 19, 2013
Luton, Bedfordshire
I would like a rabbit as well if possible please. Never tasted it before let alone peeled one so will need somebody to show me how

No problem, again with the proviso that a) The shoot happens and b) The bunnies come out to get shot.

Anyone who has said they want a bunny is recommended to bring some disposable gloves (free from many petrol stations), a plastic bag and something to chop through the head and legs/ paws (and of course something to cook it in along with the accompaniments of your choice). I suggest you also bring an alternative meat source in case either a) or b) above doesn't happen.

I suggest you cook your rabbit in a stew as I've found that roasting dries rabbit meat out very quickly. N.B. Rabbit has a strong and 'acquired' taste if you haven't tried it and aren't sure whether you'll like it then please don't request one as I hate to see them go to waste and I've a long queue of people who want them off of me and will use them.

Cheers

Steve

marky0283

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2014
Nr Buckingham
No problem, again with the proviso that a) The shoot happens and b) The bunnies come out to get shot.

Anyone who has said they want a bunny is recommended to bring some disposable gloves (free from many petrol stations), a plastic bag and something to chop through the head and legs/ paws (and of course something to cook it in along with the accompaniments of your choice). I suggest you also bring an alternative meat source in case either a) or b) above doesn't happen.

I suggest you cook your rabbit in a stew as I've found that roasting dries rabbit meat out very quickly. N.B. Rabbit has a strong and 'acquired' taste if you haven't tried it and aren't sure whether you'll like it then please don't request one as I hate to see them go to waste and I've a long queue of people who want them off of me and will use them.

Cheers

Steve

Well to be honest I am not sure if I will like it or not having not tried it before so probably best if you don't bring one for me by the sounds of it. I wouldn't want it to be wasted either.

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
Rabbit can be horrid or delicious depending on how it's cooked. As said about roasting it is not ideal as it drys out. In a stew cut up with onion carrot celary stock salt pepper and potato and a little smoked bacon it's lovely. But this is purely my opinion.

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
Was out today for a quick shake down of the kit before the overnight with taz220sdi. Had a cracking day I can't wait for the meet. Here's some picks

uve5amyd.jpg
jyje7ete.jpg

Bowlin

Nov 19, 2013
Luton, Bedfordshire
Well to be honest I am not sure if I will like it or not having not tried it before so probably best if you don't bring one for me by the sounds of it. I wouldn't want it to be wasted either.

No problem Mark, you can have a go at skinning and jointing mine and I'm sure they'll be enough for you to do a taste test so you know for the future.

There are of course many rabbit stew recipes, the one I like is - Chunks of rabbit, bacon, onion, carrot, with pearl barley, Guinness an oxo cube and water. Hmmmmmm

Steve

marky0283

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2014
Nr Buckingham
No problem Mark, you can have a go at skinning and jointing mine and I'm sure they'll be enough for you to do a taste test so you know for the future.

There are of course many rabbit stew recipes, the one I like is - Chunks of rabbit, bacon, onion, carrot, with pearl barley, Guinness an oxo cube and water. Hmmmmmm

Steve

Oh I wouldn't trust me to chop it up for you haha. Wouldn't mind tasting some though, thanks :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE