Bucks/Oxon anybody?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

marky0283

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2014
Nr Buckingham
Of course!

That's it then, no more spaces!

Can those of you who are coming please PM me a contact number? Parking is quite limited there so I need to look at where we can all meet and then drive up in 2 cars and I will update here with where we can meet.

Sorry to those who haven't made this one but I will arrange another in the future.

Hi Mark,

Can I put my name down for the last place?

Thanks!

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
I also live in high Wycombe and know Taz220sdi. He's a top bloke let me know when the next meet is. I have been off the forum for a while now due to moving house and no internet/phone signal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marky0283

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2014
Nr Buckingham
I also live in high Wycombe and know Taz220sdi. He's a top bloke let me know when the next meet is. I have been off the forum for a while now due to moving house and no internet/phone signal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I will let you know when I arrange this again in the future

marky0283

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2014
Nr Buckingham
Thanks to those of you who have sent their number over to me. I think a good place to meet would be near Hughenden Manor which is a National Trust place off of Hughenden Valley, close to where we will be going. As you pull in there is a cattle grid and then after this you can pull up and park on the left by the church. The post code if you need it is HP14 4LA.

What sort of time do people want to meet up?

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
Hi Mark,

I am going to have to pull out, I have just been informed that I have a wedding to attend on that weekend which was missed off the calender. sorry to pull out, hopefully next time I will be free for sure.

Thanks

T

marky0283

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2014
Nr Buckingham
Hi Mark,

I am going to have to pull out, I have just been informed that I have a wedding to attend on that weekend which was missed off the calender. sorry to pull out, hopefully next time I will be free for sure.

Thanks

T

No problem but thanks for letting me know.

Bowlin

Nov 19, 2013
Luton, Bedfordshire
A quick couple of questions if I may.....

Do we have permission to light open fires? Or is it meths/ wood burning stoves only?

Is there much dead/ fallen wood available on-site for fuel (assuming fires or wood burners are allowed that is)?

Is the ground relatively clear (i.e. for setting up bashas etc) or do we have to bring tools to clear foliage etc. your earlier post suggested that clear ground was scarce. If so, do we have permission to clear the ground, and if so what tools are suitable? Machete/ axe/ laplander? Everything?

Do we have to clear he site by a certain time on Sunday?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Last edited:

marky0283

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2014
Nr Buckingham
Hi Steve,

I am very lucky to know this land owner. Essentially whenever I go (only been camping there 3 times) the woodland is mine to use as I wish. We are able to light open fires and have permission to do basically to do whatever we wish. There is a huge amount of dead wood around and fallen wood although a lot of this is rotten. The owner has no issue with us chopping down dead trees. Last time I went she let me cut down some Hazel so I can make a walking stick.

I will find a picture of the woodland I have and upload it so you can see how clear the ground is to give you an idea. You shouldn't find any issue with finding a clear space of ground to set up camp on. There is a slight slope to the woods which doesn't really bother me but for some people it might mean they prefer to sleep in a hammock.

A quick couple of questions if I may.....

Do we have permission to light open fires? Or is it meths/ wood burning stoves only?

Is there much dead/ fallen wood available on-site for fuel (assuming fires or wood burners are allowed that is)?

Is the ground relatively clear (i.e. for setting up bashas etc) or do we have to bring tools to clear foliage etc. your earlier post suggested that clear ground was scarce. If so, do we have permission to clear the ground, and if so what tools are suitable? Machete/ axe/ laplander? Everything?

Do we have to clear he site by a certain time on Sunday?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

marky0283

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2014
Nr Buckingham
Here is a pic of a section of the woodland. You can see there is a slope but I think the picture exaggerates it slightly.

20140504_1035171.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE