bucks bushcraft group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
Good to see you all and thank you for making it a very pleasant weekend!

A particular thanks to you Silverback for the Rabbit dressing demo and providing the stew, also Pitkin for the yummy mash (real cream and all!)

Swyn and Ed.

Pablo

Settler
Oct 10, 2005
Essex, UK
www.woodlife.co.uk
Hi folks,
Thanks for inviting me PaulW and me along. Really enjoyed the company - a great bunch. Enjoyed the rabbit skinning, the carving demo and of course the excellent grub. Not sure about holding me down and pouring that brandy down my throat! Don't forget, I know where you live (or I can fnd out!) :D
I'll put up the pics in the next couple of days.
Thanks again.
Pablo.

Pitkin

Life Member
Jul 26, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Another cracking weekend lads, enjoyed all your company, nice to see some old faces again, magic meal on sat Dave, can't wait to cook it for the family at home. Please don't forget to send me the recipe.Thank you Swyn for letting us stay great to see you again. All the best.............Jon

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Thanks for a great weekend lads and I am both pleased and relieved that the 'Shrafters Rabbit with Herb Dumplings and Pitkin Veg n Mash' was a big success :D

A special thanks to Mr Sears for all his largely unseen efforts in the fair amount of setting up - he is normally the first man on site at a Bucks meet and toils away for most of the first day to make the bushcraft experience such a pleasure for all of us.

I think this was one of the largest meets we have had so far with the total number of bodies around the fire on Saturday evening numbering 16. Organised workshops included Rabbit Prep and Carving with Shelter Building, Foraging and Bowdrill being practised by various people. The communal meal in the barn was great with good friends, good humor and a sea of empty plates - you couldn't ask for more :)

We have some great ideas for future meets and maybe one with a festive flavour so watch this space ;)

Cheers

Dave

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
Excellent time this weekend :)

Thanks to Silverback for the rabbit demo and the meal, well worth the wait.
Jason and Aaron for the entertainment, Pitkin for the loan of the chair, Swyn as always for the site and for looking after my favourite spoon :rolleyes:
Oh and everyone else for the good company ;)

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
still gutted i couldn't be there for the whole weekend but was nice to be there on sunday and meet new people

thanks Swyn for the venue - a cracking one at that
thanks Dave for the rabbit skinning tutorial, one on one tuition!
thanks Jason and Mark for the sharpening demo when everyone had gone home, i spent nearly an hour and a half sharpening my blade last night whilst watching tv, its the best its been. will now cut thread without force and not slip over it like before

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
Thanks for a great weekend fellas, particularly Dave and John for dinner and Swyn for use of the woods. Oh and Jason get up mate we've cooked some breakfast for ya..........:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Pics of jason asleep in his shelter to follow.........

Pablo

Settler
Oct 10, 2005
Essex, UK
www.woodlife.co.uk
Folks,

A couple of pics from the weekend. I'll upload some more in the next couple of days.

DSCN1846.jpg

DSCN1834.jpg

DSCN1833.jpg

DSCN1842-1.jpg

DSCN1830.jpg

DSCN1828.jpg

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
Do any of you lot fancy getting out this friday night and saturday day time ?If so let me no.cheers JASON

oh dammit!

Would love to ,but was out with Lupus last weekend and wish to remain attached to my manhood so dare not mention it to her indoors!

Ditto! I actually had to pull out of a british blades meet cos I've been out too much! I'm actually going up to the lakes for a bit so not all bad but still nice to go bushcrafting!

Is this a casual thing or a full meet? Something in about 3 weeks would be ideal!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE