bucks bushcraft group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

AndyW

Nomad
Nov 12, 2006
Essex
Thanks all for a great weekend :)

First weekend of Jan sounds good, looking forward to bringing Josh along :cool:

lupus

Forager
Mar 28, 2007
at home
excellent weekend Jason and swyn. was good to catch up with every one.Chris your a star mate, cheers for the interesting conversations and letting me take some of your less then perfect work off you.:D

3Please

Forager
Jan 3, 2007
London
thanks for a great weekend,always to short, but good getting out and catching up.

will let you know for definite by midweek Swyn about the first week of Jan.
trying to get the wife along for it. if I can I would be happy to do the pit and fire minding.

cheers
adam

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
5th Jan is good for me. (Currently :eek: )

Shouldn't we start a new thread specifically for the Christmas meet at Swyn's place? at the moment there is this thread and one asking if there is a Christmas gathering. For those that don't know the location it may not be obvious that they should look here.

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
Right chaps

I’ve been a bit slow in getting these photos on but here goes.

Some shots of sitting around the campfire on Saturday

abc223.jpg

abc224.jpg

abc225.jpg

Axe workshop on Saturdy

abc227.jpg

abc230.jpg

abc232.jpg

Swyn using the Golok

abc242.jpg

Shelter Building

abc253.jpg

abc255.jpg

abc256.jpg

abc258.jpg

abc261.jpg

abc266.jpg

abc265.jpg

abc270.jpg

abc285.jpg

abc286.jpg

Saturday night round the campfire

abc280.jpg

abc275.jpg

Zebra billy anyone?

abc279.jpg

Tree Felling

abc288.jpg

abc289.jpg

abc293.jpg

abc296.jpg

abc301.jpg

abc302.jpg

Bushcraft – carry less and know more…

abc308-1.jpg

abc309-1.jpg

abc313-1.jpg

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Excellent photos Ben you have really caught the excellent atmosphere that is ever present at the Bucks Meets. The log photo looks like my sharps cupboard :D ;)

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
Still have the shakes it seems, though they're better than the photos I took at the Reading meet. For anyone interested there are more Bucks meet photos on my photobucket account. I uploaded the whole memory card, but only put on a few photos.

The meet was truly excellent, I learnt a lot and the shelter building was superb. Particular thanks to Jason with that

I've actually picked up a goretex bivvy bag for next time!

The log photo is great, I can prove to the other half that I'm not alone.... there are other people like me out there!

litefoot

Forager
Jan 8, 2007
northamptonshire
DSCF0231.jpg

Try this for a clearer if wonky view of the same shot.
Ben,forgive me if I am teaching you to suck eggs regarding shaky photos but I was given a good tip for using digi cameras,make more use of the countdown timer for still photos.That way you are not actually operating the camera as such when the picture is taken and then the shakes are reduced.Looking at my picture I have other issuses!
Regards Andy.:)

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
completely agree with you Andy, problem is with that one I'm in it! Don't really know why its blurred cos that one's on timer. I assume its still user error in not placing it down properly

Anyway, your photo's much better, was a nice finish to the weekend!

abushcrafter

Nomad
Aug 23, 2007
Chilterns
I would be very interested. can you give me a Google map to where it is along with info on when you are thinking of camping + I'M 13 YEARS ON THE 29,12,07 SO IF YOU HAVE ANY KIDES MY AGE THAT WOULD BE GRATE

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
I wish I could help there but this means thinking in PC which I don't do! Perhaps others such as benp1 or Rod could help there.:rolleyes:

You also have a PM.

Regards,
Swyn.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE